water issue

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

sirius
Junior Bongonaut

water issue

Post by sirius » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi all,
Wondering if you could help with the following. I had water dripping out of a join/weld on the underside, level with the rear edge of the drivers door this morning. It was clear water no additives, the bongo hasn't overheated etc. It created a reasonable size puddle as well as significant marital stress as my wife tried to drive it to work.

It was on hte off side near the part of the chasis which has various hoses going into a box shape area. Is it something to do with the aircon? Should I be concerned?
Thanks
Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: water issue

Post by Gasy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Sounds like air con but needs checking to make sure
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

is it leaking at the point marked with a large Z in the diagram below. its the T piece for the rear heater supply. if yes do not drive the motor.

the drain from the aircon comes out half way along the heater box, near the pipes in and out, these are farther back than the door edge.

http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html
sirius
Junior Bongonaut

Post by sirius » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi
The leak has stopped. There seems to have been no drop in radiator fluid, or rise in temperature. The mechanic I use had a look and said it was coming out of an 'umbrella valve'?? He has some limited experience with Bongos! Is there such a thing?

I couldn't see if it was leaking from hose pipes as it was oozing through a gap in a welded area.

Any other recommendations or thoughts.
Thanks

Return to “Techie Stuff”