Dual fit Alloys

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Trekker12
Junior Bongonaut

Dual fit Alloys

Post by Trekker12 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:53 pm

Are these a thing?

The van we have had for a year has multiple fixing holes in the alloy rims fitted. There are 8 holes although two of these are Siamese in the same recess. The wheels fitted are 16 inch with a low pro tyre and I wanted something a bit more conventional, not least to match the 15’ spare I have under the floor.

The replacement alloy wheels also have this multiple fixing arrangement and I understand it is for alloy wheel makers to offer the same wheel on alternative pcd. I’m assured the wheels I have bought are designed to be like this and it’s quite safe but I wanted a second opinion.

I can find references to dual stud fixing on American websites but none on UK suppliers and no wheels advertised on eBay reference it. I have however seen plenty of pictures of bongos with multiple stud holes so either some one has been busy with a drill or this is perfectly normal and I just haven’t come across them before. I have never bought after market alloys before so I guess I’m still learning.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Dual fit Alloys

Post by teenmal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:37 am

Please make sure that these replacement road wheel have been approved and added to your Insurance Policy, failure to do so could render your Policy Void. Take care.
Trekker12
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Trekker12 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:10 pm

I'm replacing alloy wheels with alloy wheels therefore my insurance policy is competely unchanged - in fact I'm going closer to standard as this is a 15" wheel where as before they were 16"
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:13 pm

That great, as long as your insurance policy shows the modification you should be covered, but to be on the safe side I would give them a wee phone call of your intentions. Good luck.

Return to “Techie Stuff”