Willinton Kit fitting- hints and tips

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Scubas00
Bongonaut

Willinton Kit fitting- hints and tips

Post by Scubas00 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 am

Hi all- based on the very sound advice found in this forum & the lack of availablility for local auto-lecs to fit a leisure battery for me- I have taken the plunge and ordered a Willinton Kit. It scares me quite frankly, ever so slightly, but I am going to take the plunge and try to fit it myself. Any hints and tips from those that have done it for the sort of person who didn't realise there are such things as brick and wood bits for a drill & spent 2 hours drilling 2 holes for a bathroom mirror?? :)
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Re: Willinton Kit fitting- hints and tips

Post by daveblueozzie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:46 am

Dead easy to fit ,honest. basically one wire to the main battery, one wire to the leisure battery, earth wire to battery or chassis, and a loom of four wires you pass through the bulkhead where you fit the kit, take out the white plastic section near the centre of bulkhead under bonnet, thread the loom to the fuse box and take out fuses 1,6,7,8. and replace in the bottom section of the fuse with the four wires you have threaded through.
Simplezzz
Lost without my Bongo.
AlliDelta

Post by AlliDelta » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:56 pm

It really is easy. It's all just bolts and all the holes are there already, the loom comes thru where the clutch pedal blank is. I assume you bongo is an auto? :roll:
TechnoTurkey
Bongolier

Post by TechnoTurkey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 pm

It is very well made and the instructions are very clear, it is also a doddle to fit so you should have no problem at all hopefully :lol: 8)
Member 10,000!
1997 Green AFT 4x4 2.5TD Auto Bongo
Scubas00
Bongonaut

Post by Scubas00 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 am

Kit has arrived so will be giving it a whirl...only thi9ng is that there already appeared to be some wires going through the white bit where the clutch would be?
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 am

Scubas00 wrote:Kit has arrived so will be giving it a whirl...only thi9ng is that there already appeared to be some wires going through the white bit where the clutch would be?

2 choices............

Just bundle them up with the Willinton wires and leave it at that.

or

Trace where they go to and find out if they do anything - and either remove them or leave them alone depending on what you find out.
Mattylad

Post by Mattylad » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Ok guys so ive just been on e-bay looking for a willinton kit. It has no trace of them?? How do I get hold of one? How much are they? Oh and what do I get for my money??

Tar

Matty
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Use the contact link to ask him to list the items / kit you want http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/willinton/
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Mattylad

Post by Mattylad » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm

G8dhe, that just brings up the buyers name and says seller has nothing for sale!!! Tried putting it in ebay and thats all that came up, hence asking on here.

:D
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:54 pm

yes he quite often has nothing showing

However if you contact him via the contact dealer bit he will respond and will list what you need

How much depends on what you need just the split charge or battery tray or both
what you get for your money is a top quality all in one piece of kit that will charge your leisure battery and power your bits and bobs in the car as you need them with spare connections for non standard items or extras
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Mattylad wrote:G8dhe, that just brings up the buyers name and says seller has nothing for sale!!!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Mattylad

Post by Mattylad » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks westonwarrior now I know.

will contact him now.

Matty
AlliDelta

Post by AlliDelta » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:52 pm

£105 was what I paid for the complete tray and wiring kit to enable you to wire up for a leisure battery, all you need is the battery to fit and you are good to go. 8) The wire you have coming through from your engine bay could be for a bodged fog light connection or some other user fitted gubbins.
downward dog
Bongolier

Post by downward dog » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:20 am

My tip for fitting a W-Kit is to take a little extra scrapey-scrapey time to make sure you have good earths on the fixing of the bracket, and the L.Batt earth to the body, it's easy to think 'that'll-do' then if there's a problem you get that little feeling that maybe your earths are not too good, so it's take to bits time!.......hmmm now how do I know that feeling I wonder!?
Scubas00
Bongonaut

Post by Scubas00 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi all-Well I got the kit but only in time to take t in the van to Ireland.. But I have no PDF of how to fit (think my email crashed)- can anyone post the guide on here? Also low on email signal so everytime I go to search for it to see if it is already on here the site crashes!

Return to “Techie Stuff”