Romano LPG and some other stuff. V6 Tintop...

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

francisvincent
Apprentice Bongonaut

Romano LPG and some other stuff. V6 Tintop...

Post by francisvincent » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:15 am

Morning all. Not used my gas for a while as local petrol station stopped supplying lpg. Filled with gas for a recent trip to wales. Whilst it works ok, the engine note when running on gas is audibly higher pitched than when on petrol. Want to get it looked at and the Romano system serviced but cant seem to find anyone that works on Romano. Based on the North East Hants/Surrey border. More than happy to travel. Any suggestions please ?

Also an issue with central locking - Key in drivers door used to operate all 4 doors. First to stop working were nearside front and side door. Key then operated drivers door and rear door locks for a while. Now just drivers. My local garage took a look at the wiring loom inside the drivers door as suggested somewhere on here, but found no chaffing of the loom. Any ideas ?

And finally, the rear arches caught up with me and are now scruffy at best. Want to get them sorted/replaced, but would like a recommendation, as have had a couple of wildly differing local estimates..

Thanks in anticipation...... Francisvincent
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Romano LPG and some other stuff. V6 Tintop...

Post by g8dhe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:57 am

The central locking won't be the drivers loom, that merely sends a signal to the module which operates all the other doors. The problem is most likely to be the wiring or motors in the other doors given that some continue to work its not likely to be the module itself either.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”