Newbie problem with Power Management System PMS 3V

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Jazzybhoy
Junior Bongonaut

Newbie problem with Power Management System PMS 3V

Post by Jazzybhoy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi just got my first ever Bongo yesterday. It had been lying unused for 15 months and I have spent £1400 getting it MOTed . I have connected it to the mains of my house and the Power Management System isn't working. The only light that comes on is Battery Selection that lights up saying Battery Condition Low. No other lights come on. Is this a leisure battery problem or something else ? Thanks in advance
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Re: Newbie problem with Power Management System PMS 3V

Post by Colin H F » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:23 pm

hi did you get a user manual with the PM system if not you can down load one from the web, just google it , I did with my first bongo, then check out the wiring, bulbs, and fuses Just found it for you hope this helps .

http://www.tonhauser.com/rubbersoul//im ... Manual.pdf
Jazzybhoy
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Jazzybhoy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Thanks for that, I've got the manual but I can't find the problem. I'm presently charging the leisure battery to see if that works.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 pm

There's a reasonable chance the LB may be knackered if it's been left in a discharged state for any time. Worth getting a multimeter on it to see what it reads both on and off charge.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”