Bongo Fest South West

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Bongo Fest South West

Post by Ian » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:44 pm

This event (8 to 10 September, Seaton, South Devon) has had a further 10 slots allocated due to high demand. Details here.

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... tm#rallies
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
TrickeyDicky

Boo Hoo

Post by TrickeyDicky » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:59 pm

Boo Hoo :cry:

Can't come cos not a member.

Still waitin for someone to stick one of those half price thingy's on my windscreen.

:cry:
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:09 pm

I can post you one if you pm me with your address.

Dago
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:46 pm

Looking forward to meeting new Bongo friends at Seaton.

Will be interesting to travel on the Electric Tramway, as the last time I did so was when they were here in Eastbourne, before being sold off and taken to Seaton in the 70's!!!

Dago
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Bongo festing ettiquette???

Whilst members who regularly use the forum also have contact with many outside the forum, what is the ettiquette on these types of meeting????

We attended the National meeting for the 1st time this year, an duly noted that many owners displayed their forum names in the windscreen. I am prepared to do this in September, but I do not know anyone who is attending. :oops:

I admit that we are planning to use the meet as a base for visiting our beloved Westbay. :roll: But we would be around on the Sunday.

Any advice please :wink:
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:56 am

We hadn't thought about displaying our "Bongo name" at Stourport but it did seem an obvious idea once we had met people with their "proper names" and now can't place them on the forum!!! Ian has sent out a list of those attending Seaton but without their forum names so we are going to be in the same situation again! Perhaps we could all agree to put our forum names in the windscreen?

I've got a particularly interesting turn on this - one of the surnames on the list is my sons' surname. It's an unusual surname and the only people I had have ever come across with it were my ex-in-laws. To my knowledge my ex-husband didn't have any paternal relations, but you never know :?:

Mrs. D
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:55 am

Bertie Bus,

From the Delegate List we are the ones from East Sussex (top of the right hand section), most people spot us because of our 'avatar' but we will be displaying our forum name from now on at various bongo meets as well.

We will be arriving lunchtime on Friday, looking forward to saying hallo.

Dago
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:27 pm

Hi Dago (Peter),

pretty much got you guys sussed from Stourport, as you were parked in a diagonal from us. we are the only ones from Aylesbury on the list, so we will be pretty easy to find.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, mainly cos I'm quite sad and don't have any real friends!! :roll:
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:12 pm

We put our name in our windscreen at Stourport as did some others. We will do the same thing again. I agree with other comments here it is useful to display your forum name.

Dun 'urt do it?

Tim
"Living the Dream"
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Mr Nat West he say YES

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:59 pm

:D Just checked me piggy bank and things look rosey, spoke to me handbrake and she`s given old crazy the green light. Great news folks Gray G and Kerry are booked for the South West Fest, look forward seeing you all there, looking at this thread :roll: I think I might Knock up some crazy flag just incase some Bongo Peeps don`t know us already. SEE YOU ALL SOON 8)
cheers! party on dudes.
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:13 pm

See you there! We've also got a new battle flag - quite an appropriate one . . . and a long pole to fly it from too!
beachguild
Bongonaut

Post by beachguild » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:22 am

OK - Checked with the Boss and we can make this weekend - Just spoken to Ian and booked it so we'll see you all there! :D :D :D :D There are now 3 places left so anyone else feeling the urge - get in quick!

The Bongo won't be there - just the Tranny :wink:
Dave Lewis
Transit Driving Bongoer
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:35 pm

I feel the urge! But will be recovering from op. Will think of you lot, on one of our sun drenched beaches! 8)
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

it just got better

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:04 pm

:twisted: Great news Folks, just checked the directions to the south west fest and "thank the lord" or maybe IAN, but we have to drive past a CIDER farm to get to the camp HOORAH :!: :P
cheers! party on dudes.
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:20 pm

And there we were, Crazy, thinking you had defected to beer!

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”