diagnostics light is on (amber, check on dashboard)

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

jem
Apprentice Bongonaut

diagnostics light is on (amber, check on dashboard)

Post by jem » Fri May 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi All
Just hoping someone out there in bongoworld can help with this problem

its a Mazda Bongo 2003, Petrol 2 litre. vehicle id number SGEW-602606.

The engine diagnostics amber (check) light comes on and stays on.
I should say at the outset that the van drives absolutely fine

A recently retired auto-electrician (very experienced, thorough & methodical) has been looking at it for me and researching on the internet, but now we are stuck.
The wiring of the diagnostics box is different from the one shown elsewhere in the forum (Bongo Fury Factsheet for Engine diagnostics) in as far as there is no connector at the FEN.
So question one – is there a wiring diagram out there for this year of Bongo?

We purchased a link to go from the engine diagnostics box to his PC based analysis equipment, but they would not ‘talk’ to each other (maybe because no FEN connector??)
We understand that the light itself can “blink” to give the diagnostic code by putting a link wire between the GND (earth) and TEN connector, we did this, but the light just remained on solidly.

The light first came on a few weeks ago, but after driving about 100 miles it went out and stayed out, until a few days ago, when it came back on again. And as this is now a potential MOT failure I need to sort it. We cleared the codes, as the forum factsheet suggests, disconnect battery hold down brake pedal for at least 20 secs and reconnect battery and the light goes out, sometimes for a few miles or until a stop and restart happens (shopping trip) and on it comes.

Thanks for reading this query and I hope someone out there can advise us.

PS the only change I have made is connecting a leisure battery using the really neat & straightforward “Willinton” relay kit. Although pretty certain this would have no bearing on the problem, just to make sure I have disconnected the cables to the fuse box and reinstated the fuses for radio/cigar lighter, interior lights and the blinds (relay etc still connected).
THANK YOU
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: diagnostics light is on (amber, check on dashboard)

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri May 03, 2013 8:50 pm

try sending ian at bongo fury an email asking him, he has been working on the latest wiring so maybe able to help.

or try contacting eva or ian at 321 away, tell them i said you should call, ian is very knowledgeable about ecu interrogation etc..
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat May 04, 2013 9:36 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:try sending ian at bongo fury an email asking him, he has been working on the latest wiring so maybe able to help.

or try contacting eva or ian at 321 away, tell them i said you should call, ian is very knowledgeable about ecu interrogation etc..
What's happened to Julian at 321Away?
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat May 04, 2013 3:29 pm

nothing, but eva is the owner and ian is the ecu man :)
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu May 09, 2013 11:06 am

DemonAV may know the answer. I'll send a PM and direct him to this:

Просто надеялся, что кто-то там, в bongoworld может помочь с этой проблемой

своей Mazda Bongo 2003, Бензин 2 литра. транспортного средства номер SGEW-602606.

Янтарь диагностика двигателя (чек) загорается и постоянно горит.
Я должен прежде всего сказать, что ван диски абсолютно прекрасна

Недавно вышел на пенсию автоэлектрик (очень опытный, тщательное и методической) было смотреть на это для меня и исследования в Интернете, но пока мы остановились.
Проводки из коробки диагностики отличается от изображенного в другом месте в форуме (Bongo Fury Информационный бюллетень для диагностики двигателя) в той мере, нет разъема на болоте.
Так что вопрос один - есть ли схема там для этого года Бонго?

Мы приобрели эту ссылку для перехода из коробки диагностика двигателя на его ПК на базе оборудования анализа, но они не будут "говорить" друг с другом (может быть, не потому, что ни один соединитель FEN?)
Мы понимаем, что свет сам по себе может "моргать", чтобы дать диагностический код, поставив перемычку между GND (земля) и разъем TEN, мы сделали это, но свет просто остались на солидно.

Свет впервые вышли на несколько недель назад, но после вождения около 100 миль он вышел и остался вне, пока несколько дней назад, когда он пришел снова. И, поскольку теперь это потенциальный отказ ТО мне нужно, чтобы уладить его. Мы очистили коды, как форум предлагает информационный листок, отсоедините батарею удерживая нажатой педаль тормоза, по крайней мере 20 секунд и снова подключите аккумулятор и индикатор гаснет, иногда на несколько миль, или до остановки и перезапуска происходит (поход по магазинам) и на ней приходит.

Спасибо за чтение этого запроса, и я надеюсь, что кто-то там может сообщить нам.

PS единственное изменение, которое я сделал подключается досуга аккумулятор с помощью очень аккуратным и простым "Willinton" реле комплекта. Хотя почти уверен, это не будет иметь отношения к проблеме, просто чтобы убедиться, что я был отключен кабель к блоку предохранителей и восстановил предохранителей для радио / прикуриватель, внутреннее освещение и жалюзи (реле и т.д. все еще подключен).
СПАСИБО
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Mon May 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Hello everyone. I have not received notification from the forum about a personal message from Ian and saw him just today, when I went to the forum. At home I have all the wiring and there are designated contacts at the ECU are responsible for the diagnosis. But the problem is that I am now 1,500 km from home and will be back only on June 12. Then I can give an answer on this question.
P.s. I hope you have seen it http://www.mazdafriendee.ru/index.php?o ... Itemid=266 (better in Russian to English translator built-in Google Chrome)
Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 am

You need to find ECU (under glove box)
FE-E engine ECU connectors:
For diagnostic you need to find
1K-TEN
1F-FEN

Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
jem
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by jem » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Thank you Demon AV :D
jem
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by jem » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi
An update on a successful resolution.
Despite not getting to bottom of a different configuration for my diagnostics connector, below the glove compartment, ( and then finding another one below the dashboard) Allan (of Allans Vehicle Services- A HUGE THANK YOU) was able to connect his gizmo which indicated a problem with the lambda sensor.

I gambled, correctly, that I found the right one on e-bay see link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-XEDOS-6 ... OC:GB:3160

When I first fitted it, it made no difference, which depressed me, however I was not too happy with my attempt at crimping, so I remade them and BINGO or perhaps BONGO, all is well

I have included the link to the lambda sensor in case anyone is looking for one, however I see that it has increased in price by £12 since I bought mine, so there may well be cheaper working ones out there too.
Thanks to all those who replied to me with suggestions :D

Return to “Techie Stuff”