Servicing and roof not fully extending

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Printer
Bongonaut

Servicing and roof not fully extending

Post by Printer » Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi all

Some questions for you so hope you can help. I have a 1997 2WD Automatic 2.5 Diesel Bongo.

I am heading away on 4000km road trip in June so want to get full service done. I had full service done last September where I replaced thermostat, glow plugs and got the coolant system fully bled and fixed a leak in it (my mechanic did all this not me). Bongo is running great since then but want to get full service done before the trip. I also got a brand new engine battery and replaced the rear part of exhaust recently.

1. I am ordering the three filters, wiper blades online. Is there anything else I should order?
2. I want to get engine oil to change the oil. Can I order it on the Bongo shop here or where can I get it and what kind do you recommend?
3. Mechanic says I need to get a 1 litre canister/aerosol of Freon aircon gas r124". Where can I get this?

Is there an online shop (this site maybe) where I can buy everything I need in one place as I will be getting it delivered to Ireland so one postage fee is best.

ROOF NOT EXTENDING FULLY:
Only issue I seem to have now is that the roof is not extending fully or quickly. It seems "sluggish" and only extends to about 90%, if I turn engine off and on and then press button again a few times, eventually it goes up fully.

Is this down to the leisure battery or what could it be? Does this need to be oiled regularly?

Thanks
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Servicing and roof not fully extending

Post by g8dhe » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

The AFT shouldn't be connected to the L/B, it really needs the engine/alternator running to get the best oomph out of it! You might make sure that the connectors on the control box are clean (behind plastic trim rear offside). Also oiling / greasing the motors would be a good idea along with the struts and rollers that actually do the lifting.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Printer
Bongonaut

Re: Servicing and roof not fully extending

Post by Printer » Thu May 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks for that, will give it this a try.

Any word on the servicing?

Return to “Techie Stuff”