A thank you from one of the stewards

The big one! Once again we are at Stourport in June with live bands, catering, an excursion, the AGM etc.....and over 300 Bongos munching grass contentedly on the banks of the River Severn.

Moderator: Ian

User avatar
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being
Posts: 2600
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:17 pm
Location: Swindon, Wilts

A thank you from one of the stewards

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 pm

It was great to meet so many new faces (to me) while I was stewarding this year, and to meet so many good friends again.

I had a brilliant time and everyone I met was really friendly, polite and welcoming! Whether I was on duty or not. :D

Only downer was the fact that my little combi-camp was as watertight as a sieve on the Friday night but thanks to John for the borrow of a tarpaulin and microfibre towel for inside.

I have beautifully painted wipers and caps, super blinds for all the windows, an oven (well it seemed a good idea at the time), a wet dog cover for the seats (will defo use them!), etc. The folding washing up bowl was put into use immediately.

Burnt a little on Sunday while litter picking, auctioning and AGM'ing but wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was hard packing up and driving home in that heat, but the same as most people, I took my time. Cfor sort of enjoyed the water I kept pouring over her. 8)

Didn't take many photos at all, but I'll post any that are any good! :roll:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being
Posts: 10637
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 11:58 am
Location: Ince Lancs

Re: A thank you from one of the stewards

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:01 am

it was a pleasure to meet you at last Jill... thank you for the refreshing brews =P~ =P~ =P~
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
User avatar
umbongocat
Supreme Being
Posts: 2251
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: london (north)

Re: A thank you from one of the stewards

Post by umbongocat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks to you for making it a safe and fun camp :) =D> =D> =D> =D> Not sure if I met you though, so many new faces. It was our first but we thoroughly enjoyed it
I love cheese!
User avatar
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being
Posts: 5922
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: North West.

Re: A thank you from one of the stewards

Post by daveblueozzie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 am

bigdaddycain wrote:it was a pleasure to meet you at last Jill... thank you for the refreshing brews =P~ =P~ =P~
umbongocat wrote:Thanks to you for making it a safe and fun camp :) =D> =D> =D> =D> Not sure if I met you though, so many new faces. It was our first but we thoroughly enjoyed it
who do ya think painted the caps and wiper arms :shock:
Lost without my Bongo.
User avatar
umbongocat
Supreme Being
Posts: 2251
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: london (north)

Re: A thank you from one of the stewards

Post by umbongocat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 am

daveblueozzie wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:it was a pleasure to meet you at last Jill... thank you for the refreshing brews =P~ =P~ =P~
umbongocat wrote:Thanks to you for making it a safe and fun camp :) =D> =D> =D> =D> Not sure if I met you though, so many new faces. It was our first but we thoroughly enjoyed it
who do ya think painted the caps and wiper arms :shock:
We didn't get our caps painted :( Mind you, they don't look like they need them yet :) Got a great pic of your b'day cake, even tho we didn't get to eat some :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love cheese!