Hi from Caerphilly

Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Hi from Caerphilly

Post by Bogmonster40 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 am

New to this so thought i'd pop my head in and say hi [-o<
I bought a Bongo Friendee aero city runner V6 yesterday so if you see me around Caerphilly i'll be the one with a bandage on my head !! cos i keep slamming my head as i get into it :oops:

Anyway loving the new motor and am doing everything a**e backwards as normal - I was actually looking for VW Transporter when i accidentally fell upon a bongo. From the 1st photo i saw i knew i was never going to get a VW especially when i showed the wife my Bongo :oops: :oops:

only thing about it that is worrying me so far is a very acrid smell which i initially put down to the previous owner having a dog maybe, but finding out that you can access the engine from under the passenger seat i am going to have to go exploring tomorrow and hope i do not find anything sinister...
oh and i almost forgot that when i saw the advert for my bongo it was listed as having done 60,000 miles yet the clock says 97,000 - the garage tell me it was a mistake when changing the clocks and dials on import, something the MOT's seem to be backing up but i think i am going to invest in a full service for piece of mind even though one was supposed to have been done in December :roll:

This site is an absolute mindfull of information though so no doubt will be chatting to a few of you over the coming months and we may meet up soon..
V6 2.5i Tintop Aero Petrol/LPG
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Hi from Caerphilly

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:22 am

Hello and welcome

The mileage may well be in kilometers,60,000 miles equates to 96,650 km,looks like your speedo shows kilometers,but afull service wont go amiss.....does the dealer not throw in a cambelt change with the sale??

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 am

Hello and welcome :D
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 am

Yes the cambelt was changed when they did the service as was the front brakes as they failed the MOT on them. The previous owner did a lot of additions which i have no idea how they work, so as soon as i get my log book through i hope to write to him and ask a few questions. Obviously if he chooses to ignore my letter then i will be hoping for some answers on here :oops:

The rear of the interior was not very clean, looks like where people have been looking round it when it was for sale as it was parked on mud !! Could someone please advise of a reputable valeter in the Caerphilly area or anywhere within a 20 mile radius ?? what do you pay for a decent valet these days, the last car i had valeted was 23 years ago and i paid £40 then !!
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:29 pm

This is my bongo that i just bought, i did manage to haggle a bit cheaper - only £500 but we are still in a recession !!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2050625.htm

Hope the link works, would be nice to know what you experienced peeps think :(
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi we're just outside Caerphilly ourselves, Welcome, nice looking bongo you have there :) ours is a V6 AFT with a gas convertion, can usually be seen around Caerphilly daily. If you fancy a look at ours your very welcome, oh and there's a valeters on Pontygwindy road down behind 'willow blinds' opposite blockbusters, heard their ok too.

Regards Izzy
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
zeberdy1

Post by zeberdy1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi from cardiff,
hope I'm not going to regret this, but why Bogmonster? :lol: :lol:
Bob & Sue
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 pm

It was my knickname from school given to me by my so called mates - as they cast aspertions on the type of girls i used to get involved in...
They were commonly known as "boggers" to most, but i saw through looks and had quite a few very friendly liasons through school - and so my name evolved and i became known as "The bogmonster"

I would like to add that my current wife (No2) is absolutely gorgeous :lol:

Hope that is not too crude for these boards !! :oops:

Almost forgot i would love to look over your bongo sometime, and thanks for the valeters, will check them out 2moro..
zeberdy1

Post by zeberdy1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:48 pm

hi ?(name?
glad about that thought it might be something to do with smelly toilets :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bob& Sue

PS gas conversion is good
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 am

zeberdy1 wrote:hi ?(name?

Hi bob & sue
I have been thinking of a gas conversion. Have you had yours done ? I am worried that i will lose my boot space if i get it done.
Will see if i can find any pics of a gas converted bongo so i can see what i will be left with.
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am

Bogmonster40 wrote:
zeberdy1 wrote:hi ?(name?

Hi bob & sue
I have been thinking of a gas conversion. Have you had yours done ? I am worried that i will lose my boot space if i get it done.
Will see if i can find any pics of a gas converted bongo so i can see what i will be left with.
Hi, with our gas conversion, the tank (ours is 83 ltrs) is situated where the spare wheel is usually kept. We use a 'skinny' which fits under the back row of bench seats, just as a 'get me home' or to a 'tyre shop' emergency use only :wink:

Regards Izzy
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Bogmonster40 wrote:This is my bongo that i just bought, i did manage to haggle a bit cheaper - only £500 but we are still in a recession !!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2050625.htm

Hope the link works, would be nice to know what you experienced peeps think :(
It looks a beauty Bogmonster~if the smells are from the interior you'll soon sort it with a valet~i'd be happy to pay what you did cus it looks a treat.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks guys - i have not had much experience buying 2nd hand motors as for the last 13 years i have had a new car every other year.
Since retiring though (at 43 just in case u think i am an old fart) i obviously could not afford to buy new. I cant drive regular cars cos of spinal problems, so my last buy at auction was an LDV convoy 400 LWB high top. I bought this as we were moving to west wales and we were going to use it to do the move ourselves, but we lost the home we were hoping to buy so we are staying put for the time being. It is up for sale should anyone require a large reliable work horse for £1200 :D :?: :?: it has not let me down since i had it serviced and bought a new battery....
So when we saw this bongo for sale and knowing nothing about them we trusted to instinct and bought it - or should i say my wife said its up to you cos your not blaming me if it goes wrong !! :lol: :lol: So i have either been lucky or just have a good eye, although price wise i worryingly seem yo have had an absolute bargain - something i am always wary of "if it looks too good to be true, it usually is"

Going down the valeters recomended off pontygwindy road now in a bit to see when they can do it for me, will report back on the quality of the job done.
I must admit this forum has such a helpful friendlee (see what i did there :lol: ) atmosphere. Although i do find myself reading posts and when i think i will reply to that i notice it is over 12 months old :oops:
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi from sunny Aberdare, nice looking motor to be fair, mine is a 96 but with my personal plate,lol, green and silver flat top with silver dragons, cant miss it.
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 pm

I tried that valeters 3 times and 3 times it was shut, so i guess i have given up on them. So i am back looking for another if anyone can help ??

I actually found my way to my dipstick today =D> =D> :roll: After checking where it was, i returned to the laptop cos i still could not open it, then went back again only to be thwarted again. So i returned to my laptop again only to find that i had to take the central console out ! :oops: that will teach me for not reading all the instructions before attempting something....

Think it will be a while before i di an engine change :P :P

Return to “Wales/Cymru”