central locking problems

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

arequipa

central locking problems

Post by arequipa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:27 pm

hi all i am wondering if someone can shed some light on this. i fitted a remote sender to my bongo driver door as per the bongo fury info sheet with great success. after 3 years this remote still works to unlock the driver door but the rest of the locks have stopped operating by this method (and wont by manual operation of the door snib or key either). i have looked into the door cavity and see no sign of wire damage. splitting the 3-wire lock connector block and trying to operate the other locks by using a jumper wire also has no effect so i assume the actual lock is ok. i see by the wiring diagram that there is another box of tricks between the drivers door lock mechanism and the rest, do i suspect this of being the problem, where is it located and any ideas on repair or a replacement source? thanx
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: central locking problems

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Mine did this when I had a dicky leisure battery, there wasn't enough voltage to power the other locks, worth checking, but I'd suspect it's down to a wire in the loom, it may look ok on the outside, but the wire may be gone insde the insulation, I'm sure G8DHE or Jaylee'll be along shortly with some wise words.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:34 pm

I take it you've checked the fuse for the central locking? fuse 4 (top row 4th from the left) by the drivers right knee, should be a 30amp.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
lpgimports
Bongolier

Post by lpgimports » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Check for broken wires in the loom between the door and the inner wing...

Paul
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 pm

There's actually two fuses involved, the one Kirsty mentioned 30Amp 4th from left top row and also the 10 Amp 1st from left top row which powers the control module, but that also controls several other things like the Radio etc.
Click the circuit image here and hover the Mouse over the two fuses for a picture of the fuses
The control module is located down in the Passenger footwell click the next page icon on the above diagram and look for K2-02 (lower left image) it shows you the locations of all the marked plugs/sockets.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Post by Colin H F » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 pm

theres a plug in relay ( the 2nd box on the left hand side in the diagram ) under the passenger side glove box when I first got mine it was missing and had to open all doors with the key, so I got one and all worked fine, certain things dont last forever it might be this, Colin
prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL
arequipa

Post by arequipa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:13 pm

hi back from a week end away, thanks for all your interest. i'll go through all the suggestions but have checked the fuses and the system worked a couple of times today but only the unlocking part then gave up again. perhaps there is an intermittant fault in the wiring and i agree the point where the wires bridge between the door and the body would be a likely place to look. i'm still interested as to where i might find this separate box that interfaces between the door mechanism and the rest. i had forgotten about the panel on the passenger side. i'll let you know how i get on.
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

Post by You've Been Bongod » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:05 pm

check the relay as mine did this and relay had gone

you will find it located behind glovebox

take glovebox out and the grey relay 7 pin
I NOW HAVE AN ASTRA JUST THE BONGO TO FIND A NEW HOME THEN I AM OUT OF HERE
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm

This is the relay yer looking for... ( it may be a different colour.) Above & slightly right of the ECU gubbins..

personally i would look into the door loom??
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...

Return to “Techie Stuff”