Bongo Fest South West

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:18 pm

Sharon,

What boats do you have?

Dago
Mrs Handyman

Post by Mrs Handyman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi Dago,

We have 2 narrowboats, a 45 footer which John & I live on and a 25 footer which is our teenage son's pit. One of the reasons we're into camper vans (used to have a T25 VW but it was falling apart, hence the Bongo) is that you can only get so far along the canal in a weekend, doing 3 mph :roll: and this country has some wonderful places to see.
So, here's to next year :D

Sharon
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:25 pm

FAB piccies, We even made a couple of them!! :lol:
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:50 pm

Mrs Handyman wrote:Hi Dago,

We have 2 narrowboats, a 45 footer which John & I live on and a 25 footer which is our teenage son's pit. One of the reasons we're into camper vans (used to have a T25 VW but it was falling apart, hence the Bongo) is that you can only get so far along the canal in a weekend, doing 3 mph :roll: and this country has some wonderful places to see.
So, here's to next year :D

Sharon

sounds like a great life you have. :D , just one question, what do you do with your bongo if your in your canal boat travelling the waterwayslol.

or do you use the bongo to pull them along the towpath. :lol:
Mrs Handyman

Post by Mrs Handyman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Unfortunately the towpaths on the Grand Union canal are not wide enough for the Bongo to pull the boats :lol: so he has to stay at home in his car park, getting bored :cry:
That's why, next year we will treat him to lots of weekends away :P Plus, we have a fabulous new stainless-steel portable gas bbq waiting to be tried out :D

Sharon
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:02 am

Does anyone know what happened to the poor sick Bongo which had to make an undignified premature departure from the Fest on the back of the pick-up? Do hope it is now back to full health.

Mrs. Dago
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:45 am

Don & Julie have informed me that the gearbox problem remains unresolved as they are in dispute with the dealership about whether it is covered under the warranty.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Keswick

Post by Keswick » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 am

Someone posted on Bongo Fury about the legal position gives more rights to a car buyer than often the warranties do. I will try and search for that link and then come back and add it here as it may help them.

I can't find it but it mentioned Which? and the consumers association. I have had a lot to do with their forums over the years and they can get 30 days free and post a legal question for free.

http://www.which.net

After that if they think they have a case they can join this legal service run by Which? legal experts which gives even more advice.

http://www.which.co.uk/about_us/A/produ ... ode=406PCJ

Could you pass the message on to them?

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”