Diagnostic flash codes 2000 V6 ?OBD2

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

timhowes
Bongonaut

Diagnostic flash codes 2000 V6 ?OBD2

Post by timhowes » Wed May 30, 2018 7:13 am

Please can anyone help? Hold light flashing after about 10 mins running. Doesn't come on before ​this from a start, I think even if the engine is warm. Running well and recently passed MOT.

I followed the pin/light protocol on the Phil McFadden website and got some flash codes for engine malfunction and transmission, but interpreting them as OBD1 (as per Phil McFadden) leaves me with some gaps. I get 15 / 12 / 11 for engine malfunction, and 17 / 14 / 13 for transmission.

Geoff Mather has suggested on the Facebook group that he thinks my vehicle will be OBD2, so my interpretation of the flash codes is probably wrong. Can anyone shed any further light on this? I've got a trip through France in a couple of weeks and don't want any trouble!

Thanks
Tim
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Diagnostic flash codes 2000 V6 ?OBD2

Post by g8dhe » Wed May 30, 2018 9:27 am

There are three versions of the error codes the original pre-OBDII standard 2 digit codes,
then came a version where 4 digit codes were flashed out using OBDII code numbers,
and finally a version where an OBDII socket was actually fitted to comply with the new standard.
The dates on these changes are not clear, as with many changes on the Bongo there seems to be a period of overlap where both mechanical and electrical items seem to appear together.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on FB but FB doesn't really lend itself to long rambling explanations ;-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”