Additional boot light recommendation

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

roosmith
Tribal Elder

Additional boot light recommendation

Post by roosmith » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:19 am

We use the back of our Bongo a lot when being a day van, we have the stove etc all at the back. When it gets dark thought the little light in the corner didn't really cut it, so I searched for an LED strip and ended up buying this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-20-LED-LI ... 485832474?

Very impressed with the build for the money - it is aluminium, not plastic and it fits perfectly. Hard to describe but put it tucked round the back on the plastic above the door. It gives excellent light into the back of the van but can be turned to give a good amount of light out the back of the van, very versatile. I installed it wired in parallel with the existing light, so that it comes on and off with the door opening.

Very happy and would highly recommend.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Additional boot light recommendation

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:21 am

Looks good, thanks.
billymansell
Bongolier

Post by billymansell » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 am

I did a similar thing but with a 1 metre self-adhesive flexi strip with black backing so it's hardly visible when switched off. I attached them to the top angled part of the tailgate so they are directed outwards with the tailgate lifted and inwards with the tailgate shut.

Mine are 5050 LEDs but there are now the even brighter LEDs, 5630s I believe, so I might look at upgrading them.
The all black 2.5 V6 - "looks more like a pimpmobile than a playbus"
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:04 am

I did look at the self adhesive strips, I did a similar thing under all the cupboards in the kitchen, to great affect but I liked the simplicity of this one and how it can be directed in or out for instances like when you come back to the van and need to change out of the walking boots and mud caked trousers!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
psquiddy
Bongolier

Post by psquiddy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:34 pm

We have a couple of £2.50 torches hung from cotton slung around the back of the seatbelt mounts.
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”