A really simple pimp -added a tablet

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

billymansell
Bongolier

A really simple pimp -added a tablet

Post by billymansell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:25 pm

As I'm off to Belgium next week I fancied upgrading the screen size for the satnav I've been using on my Android phone so I bought myself a Hudl 2 with Tesco club card vouchers/points I have little other use for.

My preference for buying the Hudl 2 is because it's an ideal size to fit in front of the centre cubby hole and with the addition of a wedge in front of the centre console and a couple of strips of neoprene tape it's held securely but is easily removable.

In addition, it connects via bluetooth audio to the head unit so can now play video. music and satnav through the speakers and, best of all, I can now play all the audio formats the head unit can't play via usb

May get rid of the BMW clock as I now have three devices telling me the time in the centre console

The all black 2.5 V6 - "looks more like a pimpmobile than a playbus"
dobby
Supreme Being

Re: A really simple pimp -added a tablet

Post by dobby » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:34 pm

That's a good idea, I picked up a second hand Galaxy tablet but will use one of those flexi arms mounted on the passengers seat mount will be using navfree with downloaded maps etc plus full music collection :D
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Nice one. =D>Simple to do.looks good,and practical.
Steptoe
Bongonaut

Post by Steptoe » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

I wouldn't mind the BMW clock if it's now spare - could do a P/Ex for a full-sized cubby which I bought for mine.

Thanks,

Steptoe
billymansell
Bongolier

Post by billymansell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:05 pm

dobby wrote:That's a good idea, I picked up a second hand Galaxy tablet but will use one of those flexi arms mounted on the passengers seat mount will be using navfree with downloaded maps etc plus full music collection :D
Used to use Navfree and really liked it but started to have problems, possibly due to the phone's capabilities, and then read they'd changed from offline searchable POIs to using your data allowance for information.

I took three satnav programs on my phone to France in the summer to work out which I preferred, finally settling on OSMAnd+ which I've used ever since.
billymansell
Bongolier

Post by billymansell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Steptoe wrote:I wouldn't mind the BMW clock if it's now spare - could do a P/Ex for a full-sized cubby which I bought for mine.

Thanks,

Steptoe
PM sent
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Cheers, I'll have a look at OSMAnd+

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”