Install TV

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Chrishughes
Junior Bongonaut

Install TV

Post by Chrishughes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:12 pm

I am looking to install a flip down TV / DVD player and I'm not sure of best place to mount it and how to mount it. I am about to roatate the roof bed around (I think they call it the something cat flap) so that hatch is at the back and the light at the front. Is it viable to swap out the interior light with a flip down TV/light and just re-use the electrics for the light? Are there suitable mount points?

Anyone done this or have any suggestions?

I have searched the site but can't find anything. Maybe my searching is rubbish as I would have thought this would come up a lot.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Install TV

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:20 pm

If you need a flip down bracket, drop me a message as I think I've got 1 or 2 of these left:

nth
Bongolier

Re: Install TV

Post by nth » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:58 am

It really depends on your van layout & where you will be sitting to watch it. Mines is a specific roof mounted unit so doesn't need an additional bracket. I have fitted mines at the rear of the van in the roof (not the AFT board) with the screen facing towards the front of the van as I have reversed the middle seats to face backwards. I ran specific wiring to mine from the leisure battery with the switch fitted in the trim above the sliding door.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”