live sockets

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

haydn callow
Supreme Being

live sockets

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Well I read all the info on making the rear 12 volt socket permanantly live and did the job to-day. Cut the feed to the three 15amp fuses on the top row and branched a feed in from the other top row fuses. BINGO!! socket live and blinds also with ing key out. Problem, beeper beeping and sidelights on. Think again, took the new feed out and ran one from battery. Same problem. Put it all back to square one and had a think. I have now taken a feed from the rear interior light to a new socket and all is well. I also today did the fuel sender earth wire and the guage is now A1. I am new to Bongos and this website is worth it's weight in gold. My 3inch memory foam mattress is now installed and is really good. Found a semi retired moter mechnic and he did cambelt, fuel filter, alt belts, air con belt and drilled out No 1 stud and heli coiled it all for £90. (I had all the parts) Now waiting to be waxoyled and we will be off. Are the side lights ment to be on all the time?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Not unless you switch em on ! Your a lot braver than me messing with wires n stuff!
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Lights on a la volvo

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 pm

My side lights are on all the time the ingnition is on same as volvo. Is this normal???
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:28 pm

no your side light should not only be on all the time the ignition is on when. you turn it to the first click on the stick thats when the side lights should come on then when you turn it again the full beam should come on.

if this has been like this for a while then most likely a custom job done in japan no doubt.
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:18 pm

thanks for that, wonder how I can get it back to as it should be!!
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:43 pm

if you handy with electrics then try trace the wires and see if you can find where their modified and retrace them back to where they should be wired up to or get a motor electrician to do it.

if your battery isnt going flat then i wouldnt worry about it, nice safety feature :wink: , wekll it will halp people see you anyway

Return to “Techie Stuff”