Wheels

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

francophile1947
Supreme Being

Wheels

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi
Anybody know if the wheels off any other vehicle fit the Bongo? (couldn't find the answer by searching).
Just went outside to be greeted by a funny feeling when reversing out of my drive - flat front tyre!!! I checked the pressures yesterday, and blew them up to the correct figures, before going on a short trip - so I don't know if I've got a puncture or it's those cr*ppy Japanese valves (it's been p*ssing down so can't be bothered to change it tonight!).
What I do know is that I've got one of those "skinny" spares and want to change it!
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
neil/di
Bongolier

Post by neil/di » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:33 pm

I think you will find that the Mazda RX8 and the6 fit and the ford probe but if you loof in the fact sheets there is a lot more info as to the offsets and the pcds
hope this is help,I am sure you will get further help
Neil
A Bongos is not just for christmas
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:48 pm

Only certain year of Probe ones fit (don't know which) as they have different centres. The centre is important as its a spigot and centralises the wheel.
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks guys
I'll check the local scrapyards when the swamp dries up (they always seem to be knee deep in oily mud!!!).
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Not sure if probe wheel fixes onto the cable that stores it under the bongo, best check before you buy :wink:
Image Pete
Bumbly1

Post by Bumbly1 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:48 pm

peter humphrey wrote:Not sure if probe wheel fixes onto the cable that stores it under the bongo, best check before you buy :wink:
I think the Probe wheel will fit as a spare provided the centre cap is removable as that is where the lifting gubbins goes.

Return to “Techie Stuff”