Occasional business use insurance?

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Bongo Tong
Bongonaut

Occasional business use insurance?

Post by Bongo Tong » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Help! I am drowning under expensive insurance treacle!

I am a part time teacher and I sometimes do supply at various schools or get sent on courses so I need some business cover on my Bongo insurance because it's my only vehicle and this is proving to be either impossible because policies won't do it or expensive if they do.

Anyone else found a good policy which covers business use but doesn't cost a fortune? I am currently with the Camping and Caravan Club but do not have the extra cover. The quote from them is for just under £250 which includes breakdown, legal cover, key cover and protected no claims. The best quote for including business use is currently with LV same as above plus business £345.00 but a high excess of £350.

Any ideas?

Bongo Tong
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Occasional business use insurance?

Post by Simon Jones » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Sounds like you need class 1 business use: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-ins ... ness-cars/

I added this to my car policy at no extra cost, but it's not uncommon to have to pay a higher premium. Apart from shopping around for a different insurer for the Bongo, which is not simple as it would be for a non-grey import, I think you are stuck with paying a higher premium for the perceived increase in risk associated with additional use of the vehicle.

Return to “Insurance”