Single bed

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

tigs
Tribal Elder

Single bed

Post by tigs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:34 pm

:roll: Ok I know I'm no artist.

I'm looking for a Bongo I can convert to my needs and am wondering if it's possible to or if someone makes and fits single beds similar to my diagram. The brown bit being fitted the door side and the red bit somehow being pulled out at night to make it longer. With the day bit being like a box so to store things in. Well I know what I mean, just hope someone else does :lol:

winchman
Supreme Being

Re: Single bed

Post by winchman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 pm

I am sure a kitchen fitter would make you one? assuming you don't do DIY?
Just look around for some old wood and have a go, once you get it right make the final version
tigs
Tribal Elder

Post by tigs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:37 pm

My DIY skills are non existent I'm afraid :(
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:01 am

Hi Tigs,sorry if im a bit thick,but looking at your diagram,im afraid i cant fathom out exactly what you require.
However,Daveblueozzie,Dabs and Bigdaddycain all have self built conversions which incorporate a not too hard to make single bed.
PM them for some photos and you wont go far wrong if you copy their design,they are excellent

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:15 am

I have something similar from 321Away in Woking. Its a box that fits on the seat runners and folds out to make a bed. I have a rear conversion from them and to fit it one rear seat has been removed and the other reversed. The box acts as storage and the lid unfolds to either make a double bed with the reversed seat and the front seat flat or with the reversed seat upright, it fits between the conversion and the seat, giving a shortish but comfortable single bed. This option also gives floor space for baggage. The loo fits neatly between the box and seat for travelling.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
tigs
Tribal Elder

Post by tigs » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am

Bongoplod wrote:Hi Tigs,sorry if im a bit thick,but looking at your diagram,im afraid i cant fathom out exactly what you require.
However,Daveblueozzie,Dabs and Bigdaddycain all have self built conversions which incorporate a not too hard to make single bed.
PM them for some photos and you wont go far wrong if you copy their design,they are excellent

Brian

Sorry Brian, I knew it wasn't clear, but couldn't quite work out to explain it. Will message them and thank you :D
tigs
Tribal Elder

Post by tigs » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:09 am

New Forest Terrier wrote:I have something similar from 321Away in Woking. Its a box that fits on the seat runners and folds out to make a bed. I have a rear conversion from them and to fit it one rear seat has been removed and the other reversed. The box acts as storage and the lid unfolds to either make a double bed with the reversed seat and the front seat flat or with the reversed seat upright, it fits between the conversion and the seat, giving a shortish but comfortable single bed. This option also gives floor space for baggage. The loo fits neatly between the box and seat for travelling.
Wokings a bit far for me, but will google and see if they have any piccies, thanx :D
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

tigs wrote:My DIY skills are non existent I'm afraid :(
But they will improve e if you can have a go.
You have made a start with a drawing so the concept id in your head.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Have sent a pm with a few more pics. :D
Dabs conversion, single bedbox.
My conversion single bedbox
Lost without my Bongo.
tigs
Tribal Elder

Post by tigs » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks for those Dave :D

Can you tell me if they would work with a full side conversion, allowing all the lower doors to open when bed is out please? Although looking at Dabs, it looks as though a side conversion could be split into 2 and used on both sides towards the back. That might well work for me. :D

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”