If you knew then, what you know now?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: If you knew then, what you know now?

Post by Diplomat » Mon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Apollo4000 wrote:Hi all and thanks for the advice. We have gone for a mid conversion and now await the van once JAL finish it. V excited.
I love it. Virtually everyone said "Don't convert" or "Wait and see what you really need".

So it's straight off to get a mid conversion! First step towards turning a useful vehicle with not a lot of disposable space into a Wendy House ( I like that analogy. Billy).

As far as the alloy wheels go, there are always plenty of steel wheels up for grabs which normally take cheaper, standard sized tyres, including having one as a full sized spare and they can be made to look pimpy by fitting plastic alloy lookalike trims. I suspect, though, that along with the furry dice, the wheels weren't the most important issue!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Apollo4000
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: If you knew then, what you know now?

Post by Apollo4000 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Diplomat wrote:
Apollo4000 wrote:Hi all and thanks for the advice. We have gone for a mid conversion and now await the van once JAL finish it. V excited.
I love it. Virtually everyone said "Don't convert" or "Wait and see what you really need".

So it's straight off to get a mid conversion! First step towards turning a useful vehicle with not a lot of disposable space into a Wendy House ( I like that analogy. Billy).

As far as the alloy wheels go, there are always plenty of steel wheels up for grabs which normally take cheaper, standard sized tyres, including having one as a full sized spare and they can be made to look pimpy by fitting plastic alloy lookalike trims. I suspect, though, that along with the furry dice, the wheels weren't the most important issue!

Frank
Nice. Thanks. Helpful....

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”