Kitchen On eBay - relay possible?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Rebiam
Bongolier

Kitchen On eBay - relay possible?

Post by Rebiam » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi all -

This is on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/camper-van-co ... 20d018159b

I am willing to take my chance and bid to win it but is there anyone who can help me get this back to SW London / Surrey?

Cheers
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Kitchen On eBay - relay possible?

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 pm

It's currently in Rochdale. sorry I can't help.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks for the swift reply - should have said it was in Rochdale - it would have saved people having to look #-o

PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 am

I guess you not had taker's on this friend. I am going to Tough Northerner's bash next week if anyone can pick it up. I will be travelling to Kent the following week near Dartford. I won't have time to travel to Surrey though, sorry. I will help if I can.

Jo
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 pm

This went by the wayside I am afraid - was watching and ready to bid then all of a sudden Mrs Rebiam announced number one son needed a new bed and that was that!! Next time perhaps - though there will be the inevitable comment in a few weeks 'we need a proper kitchen in here' :D :D

winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Just make your own its very simple
Make it from carboard to finalise teh sizes then get a kitchen company to make it for you
I made my own for less than £150 including appliances
Make this

Fit appliances or just use one of those £10 stoves
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:19 pm

The tall cupboard is only like that as I have a big gas bottle so didnt want to have to buy another smaller one.
If you are handy and have some wood I am sure you could knock up a cheaper one
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm

You have to be aware that there are some minimum requirements in order to have your Bongo classified a "motor caravan" on the log-book:

1. There must be a door that provides access to the living accommodation.
2. A bed, which is an integral part of the living quarters which has a minimum length of 1800mm or 6 feet. This can be converted at night from seats used for other purposes during the day but must be permanently fixed within the body of the vehicle.
3. There must be a water storage tank or container on or in the vehicle.
4. A seating and dining area, permanently attached to the vehicle. The table may be detachable but must have some permanent means of attachment to the vehicle. It's not good enough to have a loose table.
5. There must be a permanently fixed means of storage, a cupboard, locker or wardrobe.
6. There must be a permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle powered by gas or electricity.
7. There must be at least one window on the side of the accommodation.

A Bongo ticks most of the above boxes but one of those £10 portable stoves wouldn't do. This is a source of irritation for us as we really don't need a cooker at all, we only eat salad, but the grown-ups of this land have determined that we have to have a cooker.

It depends why you want a camper, is it for cheaper insurance or to camp in it at the Download Festival at Donington Park for instance - where they will check the van to stop pikies camping in Transit vans.
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks for the replies - we are insured cheaply as unconverted but we need / would like a removable rear kitchen for convenience when camping. When not camping we have (and use) 8 seats. Not necessarily a legit camper, just somewhere to put the stove etc. Winchman's idea can be adapted - will investigate.

stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Heres a look at what I'm doing but still not got it finished yet, just need a pump and tap to finish.

http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/view ... b2#p561676
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Dodgey
Supreme Being

Post by Dodgey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:48 pm

I've mentioned this in another thread, but there are insurers who will give you camper insurance without it saying so on the V5. The company I use simply accept that bongos are campers.

Muzorewa wrote:You have to be aware that there are some minimum requirements in order to have your Bongo classified a "motor caravan" on the log-book:

1. There must be a door that provides access to the living accommodation.
2. A bed, which is an integral part of the living quarters which has a minimum length of 1800mm or 6 feet. This can be converted at night from seats used for other purposes during the day but must be permanently fixed within the body of the vehicle.
3. There must be a water storage tank or container on or in the vehicle.
4. A seating and dining area, permanently attached to the vehicle. The table may be detachable but must have some permanent means of attachment to the vehicle. It's not good enough to have a loose table.
5. There must be a permanently fixed means of storage, a cupboard, locker or wardrobe.
6. There must be a permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle powered by gas or electricity.
7. There must be at least one window on the side of the accommodation.

A Bongo ticks most of the above boxes but one of those £10 portable stoves wouldn't do. This is a source of irritation for us as we really don't need a cooker at all, we only eat salad, but the grown-ups of this land have determined that we have to have a cooker.

It depends why you want a camper, is it for cheaper insurance or to camp in it at the Download Festival at Donington Park for instance - where they will check the van to stop pikies camping in Transit vans.
http://www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk Solar panel solutions for campervans

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”