Curtains for the windscreen and front. Side windows

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Cashew
Bongonaut

Curtains for the windscreen and front. Side windows

Post by Cashew » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 pm

I Have just noticed a curtain rail which wraps around the front windows. Is there anywhere I can obtain Mazda curtains for this?
I have insulation screens for when camping, but like now parked up on the coast I,d like to quickly draw the blinds.
It,s blowing a gale here in south Wales, feels really good to be in the bongo drinking tea :D
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Curtains for the windscreen and front. Side windows

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm

They come up on ebay now & again, but usually with the track as well. You could potentially make some curtain although finding the little slider bits to fit may be tricky. Have a search on here & you will find info on how to make new tracks using parts from Ikea where you can also get the matching sliders.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi, I have a pair of curtains that came with my Bongo which you can have. They have been in a bag hanging up in the shed for years, I kept them thinking that someone one day would take them off me. I couldn't sell them as I don't have the rails.
PM me if you are interested

Dave
The Janner Vanner
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:17 am

:D I had them in mine, here's a link showing how and where they fit in the original Mazda camper
http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... ns#p405754 8)
cheers! party on dudes.
Cashew
Bongonaut

Post by Cashew » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks for all the advice and kind offer

Dave I have pm'd you

Still raining here and I've managed to clock up 1,400 miles in the bongo in 4 weeks without really going anywhere :roll:
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:26 am

One thing to bear in mind with curtains is that, unless you fit a wire to tuck them behind, they will hang down vertically and intrude more into the the already precious living space.

For that reason it is often better to have internal screens that push right up against the window glass. if you can get ones like mine which are black on one side and silver on the other you can put them up silver side out in the day to keep cool and silver side inwards at night. The latter mode reflects heat back in and the screens are virtually unnoticeable fron outside, whereas closed curtains are a dead giveaway that something is going on inside!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
rhenry
Bongonaut

Post by rhenry » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am

where did you get yours Frank ?
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 pm

I fitted the Ikea rail and bought some insulated full blackout curtains from the Range which I had shortened. They have been in a year. they came with tiebacks which I have attached to the head restraints to keep them tidy. I have been very happy with the result.

This was before I pulled the rufflette strings or fitted the tiebacks and they are not fully drawn so they are a bit untidy in this shot.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:57 pm

rhenry wrote:where did you get yours Frank ?
Some in a charity shop in Whitby, the others in a £2 and up shop which has now closed.

I keep looking for more. The last ones I saw were in a Lakeland catalogue but unfortunately had 'Lakeland' emblazoned on them.

They are the type which have a sprung metal edge and twist down twice into a circle for storage.

I have glued two small strips of plastic 'U' channel below the back window as there needs to be something to stop it sliding down.

These are on my photobucket to do list, if we get a rainy day from now on!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Cashew
Bongonaut

Post by Cashew » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:43 am

the janner vanner wrote:Hi, I have a pair of curtains that came with my Bongo which you can have. They have been in a bag hanging up in the shed for years, I kept them thinking that someone one day would take them off me. I couldn't sell them as I don't have the rails.
PM me if you are interested

Dave

Gratefully received, a big thank you, I have just posted something to cover the postage costs

Thanks once again

Cashew (be able to peep thru the curtains now) 8)

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”