Anyone know what these are??

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

juvenilekipper
Junior Bongonaut

Anyone know what these are??

Post by juvenilekipper » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Apologies I am new here and am new to the Bongo/Freda scene so have a few questions.

Anyone know what these are?? There is one sttached to each side of the vehicle to the gutter about 3/4 the way towards the back. There is a wire coming from each and enters the vehicle where the electrics for the AFT enter.

Hopefully I have got the pictures correct

Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Anyone know what these are??

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Welcome to the forum :D. Looks like something from the previous owner in Japan. I'd say it's for a removable diversity TV antenna. A bit like these that I had. Not of any use unless you've got the bit that fits on top.

windywatson
Tribal Elder

Re: Anyone know what these are??

Post by windywatson » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum,

As you will find with the bongo, many prevoius owners have had gadgets & gismos as add on's. Your not the first to post questions & photos about items similar to yours. I have 2 bongs and both have had previous owners add on's. Importers are some times lazy when preping vehicles leaving these types of items for the new owner to sort when thier own auto electricians could have easly done the job in minutes

I would trace the cables to these items and isolate and remove them, as leaving unused equipment clampped to your cuttering could well be the starting point for corrosion to set in if the pintwork has been damaged in any way.

Cheers
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top

Return to “Techie Stuff”