f1 silverstone

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Re: f1 silverstone

Post by daisydaydream » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:15 pm

On the sort of plus side, if they introduce plan red, we get harder pitches with roads right at the entrance and closest to the track!!!
I think if they'd stopped people going out in cars last year, it wouldn't have got so churned up and muddy .. sounds like they're producing a good plan .. altho I'm not looking forward to pitching the awning in wind and rain and I won't be able to get a space for my son next to us =(
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:17 pm

egor617 wrote:Senna tickets turned up yesterday, my head says don't get the cobb, we arrive thurs pm then off to watch senna at 6-6.30 so doesn't leave much time to cook plus no hook up so not sure if chicken/beef would keep in a cool box until friday?

Forecast is:
weds- thunderstorms/rain
thurs- light rain
fri/sat/sun- showers

so packing full waterproofs.
If you cook the chicken/beef before you set off, it'll keep a lot longer :wink:
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Are your tickets marked camper van/caravan field or just quiet/lively camping?

Hopefully with the bongo i'll be able to get onto the campervan field even though there's no kitchen fitted, although it does have the folding roof.
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 pm

egor617 wrote:Are your tickets marked camper van/caravan field or just quiet/lively camping?

Hopefully with the bongo i'll be able to get onto the campervan field even though there's no kitchen fitted, although it does have the folding roof.
Outside of the wet weather arrangements, they don't distinguish between pitches, you can be a tent, camper, motorhome or caravan on a pitch; they only distinguish between quiet & lively and power or none. Last year, it was a happy mixture of all .. great place to see what sort of kit might be good to buy :wink:
I bought my current awning after seeing one next to us last year (it was my first year and first proper outing)
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 pm

It's currently amber so once your parked up thats it until you go home, i was wondering if they'll go to full wet weather where only campers/caravans are allowed in field a and everyone else has to park up and walk to there pitches!

We may be arriving weds evening now as won't be as much as a rush getting onsite.
Iwannabongo
Bongonaut

Post by Iwannabongo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 pm

We turned up Thursday 1pm last year and drove straight in, no probs.
I am a bit concerned about this emergency wet plan, as I am going in my bongo and my brother and friend are driving behind me with a tent. Does this mean I could end up sitting in a field on my own, while they are a mile away in another field #-o
I think they are just concerned after the disaster at the Isle of Wight Festival the other week and don't want to upset Bernie :lol: :lol:
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm

That's what they seem to be saying, i guess you could just sleep your mate in the roof though or in the awning?

Decided were going weds, so should be there by 7 tomorrow, pm your mobile and i'll ring you and let you know what the conditions are like.
Iwannabongo
Bongonaut

Post by Iwannabongo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Just sent pm with mobile number,
thanks for that.
I don't know if you went last year, but try not to go near the bottom of the roads, because it got very muddy down there.
We were at the top end and it was good hard ground.
A bit of rain could make a good fun race though :D
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 pm

They've bought in full wet weather plans.

Caravans and campers in zone a everyone else in zone h , park up then walk to your pitches.
Lets hope we can all blag our bongos into camper van field.
billymansell
Bongolier

Post by billymansell » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:10 am

Sorry to here that those camping may not have the greatest experience of our fine county. Northants tends to sit in the middle of the worst of the weather so we haven't had torrential rain but we have had constant insipid showers that have't allowed the ground to dry between frequent soakings.

Having said that, rain can make for interesting racing and looking at the latest local forecast you can expect damp on the Saturday for qualifying with heavy rain on Sunday for the race.
The all black 2.5 V6 - "looks more like a pimpmobile than a playbus"
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Our daughter has been waiting in the queue to get into the Woodlands campsite now for seven hours, missed all the practice so not happy, still raining. Sounds a bit of a mess.
Says she has seen a couple of Bongos waiting as well.
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Did your daughter get in ok?

Next year we'll be arriving thursday lunchtime and staying in dadford road site not woodlands.
I think i spent most the weekend in waterproofs and wellington boots apart from the race when i gt sun burnt!
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 pm

egor617 wrote:Did your daughter get in ok?
Not into Woodlands where she had booked, got to the gate eventually to be told they weren't taking any more and sent her back down the road to one they had passed about three hours before.
Had to towed IN and out of the site. Bit of a mess as she and her mate had flown in from France on the Wednesday, hired a car and had a flight back 8.00am Monday morning. Made the flight OK after leaving late Sunday night, jetwashing the hire car for about half and hour, bit of kip and back to Luton.

Still, the race was good.

How did all the Bongos fare in the mud? OK I guess.
Iwannabongo
Bongonaut

Post by Iwannabongo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

How did all the Bongos fare in the mud? OK I guess.[/quote]

I had a fully loaded V6 with 18" alloys and parked up in Woodlands on Thursday morning in saturated grass. By Saturday the ground was a mud bath and the Bongo had sunk 3 inches into the ground. I thought I was never going to get out, but first thing Sunday stuck it into reverse and got straight out onto the hard road. Many people around me in cars, campers and caravans weren't so lucky.
I love my brick on wheels :lol: :lol:
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:24 am

I ended up in dadford road site, drove in weds and out sunday evening with no problem.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”