f1 silverstone

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Iwannabongo
Bongonaut

Re: f1 silverstone

Post by Iwannabongo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 pm

We messed up with the roving grandstand tickets last year for qualifying. We tried to get into the Int Straight grandstand about 1/2 before the start and all seats were full, so ended up watching it on TV at the vodafone stand :( .
They were selling upgrades to Grandstands for the Saturday to people with GA, so there was too many people for the amount of seats, obviously we were not amused.
We have won some VIP tickets to have a tour around the Mclaren Technology Center a week Friday which should be a good experience and hopefully a few freebies :D
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Where's everyone planning on viewing fri/sat?

Think i'm heading to becketts and club and the farm/village complex the next day.

Trying to remember where all the overtaking happened last year, wasn't it at club?
Motogp was good becasue they were pulling loads of overtakes at copse and stowe.

Last time i went to the grand prix was in the 90's when they had touring cars supporting them!
Iwannabongo
Bongonaut

Post by Iwannabongo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 pm

I sat in most of the grandstands last year and thought Club was the best, so booked the same seats this year, but I am defo going to becketts this year for the qualifying, as the speed through there is pretty amazing to watch.
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Iwannabongo wrote:We are planning on getting there for about 11am Thursday.
Has anybody received a camping pass for their vehicle this year for woodlands?
I had one last year, but did not get one this time with the camping tickets. When I phoned silverstone the girl on phone wasn't sure, so asked someone else and came back to me to say they have not sent out enough this year as there was a problem printing them. #-o
I ordered for my son as well, who's getting there a day later, and only got one sticker, but I rang and they said, didn't matter, so long as you had the ticket ..
.. quite frankly, last year the security firm employed by the circuit, hadn't the faintest idea about anything (annoyingly) so it shouldn't be a problem.

I pushed the boat out this year and got tickets for Club Silverstone again *nice* but a long way to walk =(

See you next week (yes, it's that soon!)

Carole
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm

egor617 wrote:Where's everyone planning on viewing fri/sat?

Think i'm heading to becketts and club and the farm/village complex the next day.

Trying to remember where all the overtaking happened last year, wasn't it at club?
Motogp was good becasue they were pulling loads of overtakes at copse and stowe.

Last time i went to the grand prix was in the 90's when they had touring cars supporting them!

Touring cars are ace - sometimes think it's more exciting than F1 and certainly more accessible .. pit pass for 2 days at Thruxton £25!!
Going to BTCC back at Silverstone in October - less than £50 in grandstand for the weekend .. brill
Carole
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I've been watching a lot more bike racing the last few years, miles better value for money and closer racing.

We'll have to keep a eye out for each other or swop mobile numbers then we can have a mini bongo meet in the beer tent.
Mines a white bongo with simonchelli sticker and a marco melandri hedgehog sticker on the back window.

Looking forward to it although my packing consisits of air bed, duvet, sleeping bag, awning, cadac, coolbox, seats, wind up torch.
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:46 pm

egor617 wrote:I've been watching a lot more bike racing the last few years, miles better value for money and closer racing.

We'll have to keep a eye out for each other or swop mobile numbers then we can have a mini bongo meet in the beer tent.
Mines a white bongo with simonchelli sticker and a marco melandri hedgehog sticker on the back window.

Looking forward to it although my packing consisits of air bed, duvet, sleeping bag, awning, cadac, coolbox, seats, wind up torch.
I'm going to be camped in the field beyond the entertainment area, the other side of the woods, with a light blue Winnebongo and awning. I'll pm you my contacts later .. just found out that my son, who's RAF intel will be joining me on Thurs night *yippee* (he's very practical and useful to have around)
Have you got tickets for the Senna screening?
Anyhoo - the weather doesn't look as though it's going to be as dreadful as last year - showers mostly :D

Gorra go .. pm later

Carole x
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:07 pm

I was just going to say about the senna thing, haven't booked tickets yet but got a few days left to decide.

Were in family/quiet camping but no idea where that is?
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 am

Campsite map for this year is here.....

http://www.silverstonewoodlands.co.uk/c ... psite-map/
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:31 pm

egor617 wrote:I was just going to say about the senna thing, haven't booked tickets yet but got a few days left to decide.

Were in family/quiet camping but no idea where that is?
Have you booked hookup? - if so, you'll be in the field with us .. there's only one area with quiet power hookups (quiet is relative - the entertainment centre is just the other side of the wood backing onto the pitches!!!)
.. having said that, you might still be in the field. The toilets are portacabins rather than purpose-built, but they're kept pretty clean, and there's a shortcut to the circuit - which I found on the last day #-o

I fished out the Dorset flag and if the pole doesn't collapse, it'll be fairly unique :!:

PMing you contacts now - I'll be set up by the time you get there - I arrive Wednesday early morning \:D/

oooohhhh ... it's getting closer ...... =D> =D>
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

No i was too late for hook up, planning on getting there 12-1 thursday. The window sticker has number 500ish on it so not sure if that relates to a plot or not?

Got a tiny cadac stove half of me wants top just buy all meals the other half wants to go and buy a cobb, even though i've only got a cool box and our first night we've got the senna film to watch at 7 so not much time to prep a meal.

Just looked at weather on 2 different sites, metcheck and ukweather.

Metcheck- fri showers
sat light rain
sun showers

ukweather fri mostly sunny
sat partly cloudy
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm

They've said there'll be food available at the Senna screeening =D> I'm just taking a little toaster oven .. there are food concession on the site and plenty round the circuit - not worth cooking :lol:
Not sure that the numbers on sticker equal anything cos some people didn't get one - I called cos my son's arriving after us, so I asked for another, and they said so long as he had his ticket he'd be okay.
Didn't have numbers last year, and quite frankly, it's an outside security firm that direct you, and they didn't have the faintest idea about anything!! :roll:

Sincerely hope it's dry and not too windy to pitch and unpitch [-o<

*getting really excited now*
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Senna tickets turned up yesterday, my head says don't get the cobb, we arrive thurs pm then off to watch senna at 6-6.30 so doesn't leave much time to cook plus no hook up so not sure if chicken/beef would keep in a cool box until friday?

Forecast is:
weds- thunderstorms/rain
thurs- light rain
fri/sat/sun- showers

so packing full waterproofs.
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Looks like the grounds in pretty bad condition.
At woodlands there only allowing you onto the site then your not to move until you go home so no popping to tescos shopping.
http://www.silverstone.co.uk/woodlands-wet-weather-f1/
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Looks like the grounds in pretty bad condition.
At woodlands there only allowing you onto the site then your not to move until you go home so no popping to tescos shopping.
http://www.silverstone.co.uk/woodlands-wet-weather-f1/

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”