TVs and Tables

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

winchman
Supreme Being

TVs and Tables

Post by winchman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:18 am

Hello
Reversed my middle seat and need to fasten a small tabke to the wall under the middle seat belt and remove the middle seat belt top mount so I can use the bolt to mount the TV.
So how have you secured your table and TV
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: TVs and Tables

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 am

You can get table mounting rail kits for about £20 which screw to the side of the interior trim panels. Pretty much all Bongo conversions use this type of thing:

http://www.amazingoutdoors.com/shop/ao_ ... 12164.html

I used one of these to mount the TV:

https://www.roadpro.co.uk/retail/produc ... Arm&id=448

I used an off cut of Vohringer ply to make a base plate that fixes to the van using the seatbelt bolt and this is all fitted inside the plastic trim that goes round the window. The bracket then screws through the plastic into the ply behind so it's very strong and secure. Will try to find some photos tomorrow. I then bought a removable bracket like this so I can easily remove the TV when driving etc:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flat-tv-wall- ... _500wt_922
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks
I did think of the rail but quite shocked at the price!
On a tight budget so need to get best value, the table was a free standing caravan one that had a damaged top at one end Paid £5 from a breakers and cut it in half with a router, just making a fancy alloy folding leg for it, nothing wrong with the legs on it but bit old hat for me as I wanted one of the newer singel pole legs so a few bits and pieces later should have one, I will post some pics when its done.
I have a metal quick release mount for the TV and was thinking of just drilling a seat belt bolt size hole in it as the TV is just going flat to the wall as its mainly a day van.
I diod get a spare plastic trim from the scrappy incase this wont work and I do the same as you did
Pictures would be good
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Here are a couple of links re:Tables in the Bongo and Bongo Tv

This links were found using the Search Forum tab and using key words to suit the subject.

Right Click the links and open a new tab. (mentioned for none familiar forum users)

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... ongo+table

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... t=table+Tv

Enjoy.
Last edited by B*Witched Blingo on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi I used some chrome pipe used for plumbing(very cheap)and got the clips you would use to secure it to the wall, about 20p each. I screwed the clips to the side of the van, clipped the rail in and fastened 2 clips to the underside of the table. I used a leg from B&Q(about £8) and the table just clips on and off the rail as required. Has been used many times with no problems.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

stuc wrote:Hi I used some chrome pipe used for plumbing(very cheap)and got the clips you would use to secure it to the wall, about 20p each. I screwed the clips to the side of the van, clipped the rail in and fastened 2 clips to the underside of the table. I used a leg from B&Q(about £8) and the table just clips on and off the rail as required. Has been used many times with no problems.
Now thats a good cheper solution, thanks
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:40 pm

This is the bracket I mentioned the other day. Also, if anyone is interested in a flip down TV bracket, then I've got a couple that I'll be putting in the Small Ads section shortly.

winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks I might be interested in the flip down let me know Via PM
I am having trouble with my design.
I didnt want to modify the trim so made a bracket to fasten on with the seat belt bolt but due to a design flaw I need a 80mm long seat belt bolt and its an odd thread so I cant get one, going to have another think about it later so might need a flip down f I cant resolve it.
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Simon Jones wrote:This is the bracket I mentioned the other day. Also, if anyone is interested in a flip down TV bracket, then I've got a couple that I'll be putting in the Small Ads section shortly.

wow - this looks brill and exactly what i think we need and even more importantly......looks like something we could actually do :D :D what size of tv does it hold and is it easy enough to remove (the tv i mean)
thanks
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 am

The links in my earlier post should help. Bracket holds 10" - 23" TV upto 15kg. The removable VESA bracket works very well although I had to make a spacer to move it away from the back of the TV to give more clearance around the built in DVD player and the connectors below which would otherwise have got in the way when sliding it off the mount. Drop me a PM if you need any more details.
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 am

Finally sorted mine

Made this mount up to screw in to the seatbelt mount, its an old quick release overhead projector mount
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 am

Simon Jones wrote:The links in my earlier post should help. Bracket holds 10" - 23" TV upto 15kg. The removable VESA bracket works very well although I had to make a spacer to move it away from the back of the TV to give more clearance around the built in DVD player and the connectors below which would otherwise have got in the way when sliding it off the mount. Drop me a PM if you need any more details.
will this bracket be ok...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TV-LCD-Black- ... 27c3f9ca4d

thanks
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Not as flexible as the B-Tech one I mentioned wher the VESA bracket can be adjusted & locked in position while the TV is in place. Also, I went for silver to match the interior, but for £10 instead of £40 the one will do the job.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”