videos for alarm

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

karen
Bongolier

videos for alarm

Post by karen » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 pm

anyone any idea if there are any video's around for how to install hadyn's alarm or goos images etc
i've had it for a few months but never got around to fitting (yes i know).
BUt i really need to get it fitted prior to moving bongo - i'm not great with electrics etc but reached the sod it time lets give it a go so any help there is dont mind looking.. - can probably try to get a mate to help but he is away for next week or so

reasoning behind this just now
about 4 months ago when coming back from skye - i lost about half a litre of water - bled her etc and all been fine.
when driving home the 4 days ago - guage look higher and then alarm went off (mason) - luckily i was right beside a laybay and about 1 mile from home.
so left her for 2 hours came back and need to put in 1 litre of water - drove home. checked this morn and level ok.

checked oil and no signs of emulisification etc - was kinda hoping it would be down again and nice easy leak.

feeling just now is get alarm on and then get it 20 miles down the road for bill to have a look. at least if i have alarm and it starts losing then i can stop earlier

and on side note from here can you buy the modified funnel used in the bleeding video or are there instrus for what was used as mines was crap and kept slipping

cheers
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: video's for alarm

Post by mikeWalsall » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:18 pm

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: videos for alarm

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:51 pm

when i made the funnel in the vids i just pushed a hose connector up the end of the funnel, then push your bleed pipe onto this. you may have to cut a bit off the funnel end. or use a silcone gun nozzle to get to the correct size.
try to find a funnel that has equivalent volume to the expansion tank(this helps to not overflow things while doing the seesaw thing).

if it were me i would ask bill to come and pick it up, and dont drive it, i am sure he will understand.
some leaks will drive any trapped air out of the system, like the rad top, or a high hose, but some will take trapped air to the head, or front heater so will stop the circuit flow with dire results, please dont risk it.

Return to “Techie Stuff”