Noisy bongo engine

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

scudfield
Junior Bongonaut

Noisy bongo engine

Post by scudfield » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello people,
My first post so please be gentle lol lol.
Bought 1995 4wd bongo, replaced all the filters oil diesel air , replaced the transmission fluid , then went too Belgium Spa Francochamps last w-end performed very well, i know that diesels are noisy but when the engine had warmed up it sounded louder than i would of expected. This is when stood outside vehicle, Are there anythings too check that would give pointers too any problems occuring .
Thanks for your time
Allan :)
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Re: Noisy bongo engine

Post by maxheadroom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello and welcome :D
first check the oil level :D
Keep the Faith

jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi Allan, is the belly pan fitted...? On this link, in the broken lined box at the bottom...! http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 pm

I vote for Jaylees answer, depending on what kind of noise it is?
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Or...try turning the steering wheel a little left or right... is it less noisey?
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
safehands

Post by safehands » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 pm

We need a belly pan fitted as ours is missing, it is quite noisy in the cab without it #-o . Local garage has got one hopefully to fit. :)
scudfield
Junior Bongonaut

Post by scudfield » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Thank you for your replies. =D>
Yes oil spot on for level checked in Belgium and didn't use any.

No the belly pan ??? is missing. So that is looking favourite at moment. Any ideas as to where too obtain them , in the n/west flintshire area ??
Will try turning steering each way tomorrow.

May i call on your knowledge for one last prob, The fuel gauge never worked read thread on here about putting a seperate earth on and this didn't seem to work either, is there anything else too try or is it buy a new one .
Thanks once again
Allan :D
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 pm

this thread should help you test it - http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =3&t=33920 .

Have you checked the steering fluid reservoir level under the drivers seat? ( related to the post about turning the steering :wink: )
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 am

scudfield wrote:Hello people,
My first post so please be gentle lol lol.
Bought 1995 4wd bongo, replaced all the filters oil diesel air , replaced the transmission fluid , then went too Belgium Spa Francochamps last w-end performed very well, i know that diesels are noisy but when the engine had warmed up it sounded louder than i would of expected. This is when stood outside vehicle, Are there anythings too check that would give pointers too any problems occuring .
Thanks for your time
Allan :)
scudfield wrote:
No the belly pan ??? is missing. So that is looking favourite at moment. Any ideas as to where too obtain them , in the n/west flintshire area ??
Will try turning steering each way tomorrow.
You may find it a little quieter with one fitted...? Driving for instance down a lane with some thing like a dry stone wall with the window open you may hear the engine as the sound reverberates.. Then the sound level may drop against a grass verge. Or even when you get out parked on grass!??? It might sound less "clacky" with the pan cutting the noise hitting the tarmac...? :idea: :wink:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
scudfield
Junior Bongonaut

Post by scudfield » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi Peeps,
Went too Wheelquick in Wigan today bought a belly pan and now the noise is greatly reduced, They were very friendly and knowlegable. a real help can recommend these people =D>

SCUD :D

Return to “Techie Stuff”