Team Muz Cornwall tour

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Team Muz Cornwall tour

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
Jillygumbo wrote:I'm here in Mawgan Porth and sleeping on the ground! Whereabouts was it? I don't remember anything but noisy neighbours!
Apparently 25 or so miles west of Hartland Point (Bude ish) and 25 or so miles off Trevose Head (Padstow ish) so I'd be very surprised if you didn't feel it. Too much street partying, perhaps :D
I wish I could remember whether I woke up at about midnight on Friday night - but I can't. I know the party went on until around 10pm (from 2pm!) and I guess we went to bed around that time. If I had woken up, I probably wouldn't have known "what" woke me up - so I'll say I felt the tremor!!!!!!! :lol:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 pm

fantastic pics as always Team Muz :) =D> =D> =D>
Oldboybob
Bongolier

Post by Oldboybob » Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 am

Lovely pictures as always, looks like you all had a great time. I really want a proper pastie now :D :D
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
brorabongo wrote:Should be in the wanted section but...... Wanted: Relay pasties from Cornwall to Brora please. =P~ =P~

Thanks for the pastie photos Muz. :mrgreen:
https://www.annspasties.co.uk/shop.php

http://www.philpsbakery.co.uk/Pasties%20By%20Post

:D
Cheers Muz. I'm looking into it.....
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Wed May 11, 2011 9:09 pm

that was pretty comprehensive tour of our fair county. could be a trend setter....pasty tours! you should have had a hampsons pasty wile you were in hayle though. philps' are good but hampsons are better , just about beating ann's (lizard) for our vote for favourite! we'll graciously accept that our beach (porthleven) may not be the kindest to feet , but at least you can always find a nice quiet spot to sit & soak up the rays. absolutely beautiful photo's of your trip. a holiday you'll certainly treasure , i'm sure!!
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 pm

When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
Bongomamma
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Bongomamma » Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 am

your pics look stunning, I live here in cornwall and you made me remember why :)
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Sun May 15, 2011 6:11 pm

WELL DONE THAT MAN...............AGAIN ! Wonderful pics Paul, thoroughly enjoyed just scrolling down them all. Glad the weather was good for you all too. I'm now getting 'gate fever' as I'm off to Ireland again a week tomorrow. Just wish I could take as good pics AND be able to upload them for all to see; especially as the south/south west is utterly magical, remote & spectacular. Hope I get the weather you did.
Thanks for all that beauty =D> =D> =D>
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 am

All's well that ends well. Anyone needing bodywork repairs in the Manchester area and have their insurer recommend Sapphire Garage should not be afraid!! They are approved by many main manufacturers (not Mazda but as an import that's no difference to them) and sorted us out with minimal inconvenience to us. To avoid me wasting time they did their estimate and had it approved based on photos I supplied them alone, then I told them (this is April) they couldn't have it until mid-June as I needed it every weekend until then. So they got all the parts rounded up in advance so that when they first viewed the Bongo for real when I dropped it off last Monday, everything was ready to rock & roll.

They supplied a three-cylinder Skoda Fabia which Mrs Muz absolutely adored :oops: :evil: and six working days later had it all done & dusted. I must find out what they used to clean the alloy wheels :twisted:

hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:09 am

Looking good as new Muz. Keep their phone number.
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 am

I have only just seen this post. What amazing pics. Truly conjuring up all the happy atmosphere of a great family holiday. I adore Cornwall, my late husband and I spent many happy years camping in all the places you have so beautifully photographed. I am very tempted to print off and frame that pic you took of Salcombe at dawn. It absolutely took my breath away. Many thanks for posting these. And Alison, I love your tales of Cornish historical events.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am

violetbongojo wrote:I am very tempted to print off and frame that pic you took of Salcombe at dawn. It absolutely took my breath away.
If you want me to email you a full-resolution copy, let me know :wink:
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:33 am

That would be great!!! Many many thanks. Will pm you later with my email address. Off out now to buy myself a pasty for my lunch.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”