Lacock, Tues 5th Sept. 6.30pm

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

deekay

Post by deekay » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 am

I turned up at the car park at 6.25, and it was all closed up!! so i left! i thought you had all abandoned it :cry: i turned off of the a350 folowed the brown signs for lacock then the blue car park signs, the gates were all locked and a big camper was parked inside!! where did i go wrong??? :?
Gingerbloke

Post by Gingerbloke » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:27 am

I was about from 6.30, as the car park was closed we moved into The Red Lion car park and there was someone outside the car park until about 7.00 pm. Sorry we missed you!! I think we will do it again but perhaps with a better contingency plan should anything fail.

Simon
Bongoogleo

Post by Bongoogleo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:08 pm

Many many thanks for pictures. Very pleasant. Don't forget there is a very pleasant campsite in Lacock for future consideration. Within walking distance of the 3, 4 or 5 pubs. Good forecast for Seaton. Cheers. Leo.
Happy Shopper

Post by Happy Shopper » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:20 pm

Gingerbloke wrote:Well it happened!! here is the proof.

And this one for the silver boys.
Bit of a sad question but what wheels are on the silver one on the right? They look a bit like KEI Force 10's that I was thinking of getting. Has anyone got a side on shot? :D
Gingerbloke

Post by Gingerbloke » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:14 pm

No not a sad question at all, they are Technomagnesio 18" available from Bell Hill Garage. Haven't got any side on Photos yet because I haven't taken any
Happy Shopper

Post by Happy Shopper » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Gingerbloke wrote:No not a sad question at all, they are Technomagnesio 18" available from Bell Hill Garage. Haven't got any side on Photos yet because I haven't taken any
That's what I wanted on my smart car but never got round to it before I traded it in for a crappy forfour. The Force 10's caught my eye because of their similarity to the technomagnesios, but at a much lower price. How much weight do you actually save with magnesium wheels.

What tyres are you running on 18's - most of the 225/45/18's I've seen only seem to be rated at 91, so I was looking at 17's (225/50/17)as 94 rated tyres are pretty easy to get and there's even some rated at 98!
Gingerbloke

Post by Gingerbloke » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 am

I only have a 91 rating however it is a Y speed rating. Which basically means that the tyre is designed to carry a load of 615 Kg at a speed of 186MPH. If you go to the 94 rating the load is only increased to 670 Kg. So I am quite happy to run them on my Bongo safe in the Knowledge that I probably won't ever reach half that speed.

See Below

Obviously this is my own opinion and everybody else should make up their own mind!!!
Happy Shopper

Post by Happy Shopper » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 pm

Hi Gingerbloke,

I gather Bell Hill advised you on suitable tyres to fit the wheels. Thanks for posting the load index ratings, I hadn't come across the actual figures before.

Have you taken a side on shot for me yet? :D And having studied the picture further it looks as if you've had it lowered as well. If so, how much lower.

Cheers, Steve
Gingerbloke

Post by Gingerbloke » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:49 pm

Only gone down 50mm. I don't think I would want to go any more as it's firm enough now..

Will try and get a side shot tomorrow evening...

Simon
deeps

Post by deeps » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Any side shots yet? :D
Gingerbloke

Post by Gingerbloke » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Right here she is after aal that time.

Going to have to get some more photos now as I have removed the bull bar today!!!!!

Return to “Rest of the West”