London

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

umbongocat
Supreme Being

London

Post by umbongocat » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:59 pm

A preliminary enquiry. Would anyone be up for a meet in London next year sometime... maybe May or July. I could look into finding a campsite not far out of London and find out about parking just out of the city so peeps could get tube into town if they wanted?Would offer parking outside ours, but probably only find space enough for 3/4 bongos.

If anyone's interested let me know and I'll look into it further :)

London, despite what people say has some beautiful places in and out of the centre and of course the weather is always fab

Fab weather all the time...... may be a bit of lie, but usually quite nice in May & July
I love cheese!
dobby
Supreme Being

Re: London

Post by dobby » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Is the Camping Site at Crystal Palace in SE19 still going?

That's a handy spot?
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:10 pm

dobby wrote:Is the Camping Site at Crystal Palace in SE19 still going?

That's a handy spot?
Not sure, just preliminary enquiries to see if anyone would be interested. I think there may be a campsite North London just out in the suburbs, but close enough to get to the tubes for those who would want to venture into town.

There's plenty in the suburbs too.. South or North London. Will look into the campsite at Crystal Palace ... thanks :)
I love cheese!
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 pm

If it's May.... count us in....the drive will be a doddle for us from Cambs.... Not bothered about the Tube or getting into London, can't stand the place.... This place sounds alright
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23 pm

mikexgough wrote:If it's May.... count us in....the drive will be a doddle for us from Cambs.... Not bothered about the Tube or getting into London, can't stand the place.... This place sounds alright
That looks good, prefer North London. It's lovely in London, we have some beautiful parks. However, Hampstead Heath, Highgate woods, Alexandra Palace are also lovely places to go for a walk and feel you're out of London.

What dates would suit people in May or June?
I love cheese!
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:05 pm

One for the pot in May . . .

May Bank Holiday: Sunday 1st & Monday 2nd 2011
The 14th Bedfordshire Classic Motor Show

Woburn Abbey
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Just Hector
Bongonaut

Post by Just Hector » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:27 pm

I stay in north London when I work. Anyone fancy a meet up or drive out in the new year? Ace Cafe anyone?
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Just Hector wrote:I stay in north London when I work. Anyone fancy a meet up or drive out in the new year? Ace Cafe anyone?

We may be able to meet up depending on dates... we're in North London too.

I'm still exploring organising a meet up in May (as above suggests)
I love cheese!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 pm

mister munkey wrote:One for the pot in May . . .

May Bank Holiday: Sunday 1st & Monday 2nd 2011
The 14th Bedfordshire Classic Motor Show

Woburn Abbey

The May bank holiday looks a good weekend for us. We could do the Friday & Saturday... possibly Sunday.

The link to the campsite Mike posted looks good too.

I've found this one too which may be a good place as it's not far from Whipsnade Safari Park. Allows open fires too.

http://www.townfarmcamping.co.uk/home

For anyone interested in heading into London. I can point people in the right direction in terms of where to park to get on the tube.

What do you reakon?

Cat
I love cheese!
Just Hector
Bongonaut

Post by Just Hector » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm

umbongocat wrote:
Just Hector wrote:I stay in north London when I work. Anyone fancy a meet up or drive out in the new year? Ace Cafe anyone?

No worries count me in. I work a shift pattern when I'm down here with a little flexibility.

Merry Christmas!!!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Just Hector wrote:
umbongocat wrote:

No worries count me in. I work a shift pattern when I'm down here with a little flexibility.

Merry Christmas!!!
Where are you commuting from, it's not on your profile. Oh and what's the Ace Cafe :oops: should I know this.. lol. We may be able to meet up before May for a day somewhere too :)
I love cheese!
Just Hector
Bongonaut

Post by Just Hector » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Sorry I'll update that, it's a pain using an iPhone. I travel down from Buxton in the Peak District
( new to the forum but there are some meets near me that end as well). The Ace Cafe is on the North Circular eastbound between Wembley and Harlesden. It's a traditional meeting point for motorbike and car enthusiasts. Good for a hot drink and food albeit a bit pricey. I was there on Sunday for breakfast and there was about 20-30 Japanese sportscars. Next time I'm in I'll ask how many they can accomodate. Google it. I'll send you some dates for January and we could meet up then.

Hector
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Just Hector wrote:Sorry I'll update that, it's a pain using an iPhone. I travel down from Buxton in the Peak District
( new to the forum but there are some meets near me that end as well). The Ace Cafe is on the North Circular eastbound between Wembley and Harlesden. It's a traditional meeting point for motorbike and car enthusiasts. Good for a hot drink and food albeit a bit pricey. I was there on Sunday for breakfast and there was about 20-30 Japanese sportscars. Next time I'm in I'll ask how many they can accomodate. Google it. I'll send you some dates for January and we could meet up then.

Hector
Oh ok, that's not far from us at all. We're in Finchley, right by the North Circ :) Yep send some dates and we may meet you for a fry up one Sunday :)
I love cheese!
maxmataz
Bongolier

Post by maxmataz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Would be interested but depending when it is - not sure if I will be here
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 pm

umbongocat wrote:Oh and what's the Ace Cafe :oops: should I know this.. lol.
It's VERY famous. Legendary, even!! http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”