Fuel consumption ?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Cosmic Bus
Bongolier

Re: Fuel consumption ?

Post by Cosmic Bus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm

When I have the £s I need to do a fill to fill or at least run down to 3/4 and do it. Time to take advantage of the Tesco 5p off a litre I think.

Unless of course that's not a good quality diesel and better brands are available?
jumper
Bongolier

Post by jumper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 am

i know it isnt an accurate way to work out the mpg but my van was regularly doing 600kms on a full tank,around £66 always a mixed amount of short and long journeys, It s a manual so i dont know if this makes a difference

Ian
Happiness isn't having what you want its wanting what you have.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:46 am

Cosmic Bus wrote:When I have the £s I need to do a fill to fill or at least run down to 3/4 and do it. Time to take advantage of the Tesco 5p off a litre I think.

Unless of course that's not a good quality diesel and better brands are available?
It seems to be better from the last tank I used, I got it from Tesco with a 5p off voucher and I knew it would be used up fairly quickly......... now whether the fuel has improved :shock: or whether the colder air :-k is helping as we all know engines like the colder and dense air for best power/running...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Timnz
Bongolier

Post by Timnz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't think it pumps more fuel to the engine when cold, The glow plugs stay on to help it with combustion when cold.. and you use more accelerator when engine is warming up.. cause the bongo goes slower.. !
I have a K&N filter on mine, so if its intake pressure, mine probably runs leaner, it definitely doesn't have any visible tail pipe smoke when hot and normal driving, except when you put your foot to the floor..

Return to “Techie Stuff”