Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

springer

HAD MY BONGO 1 DAY AND I NEED HELP

Post by springer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 am

Hello

Nice to meet many fellow Bongo owners

I have a few problems and need advice.

1. Where can I get an owners manual ?

2. Why is my BONGO so gutless, it clearly isnt well, but struggles to start and crawls along like a snail

3. I thought the sliding door was electric, is there a hidden switch I cannot find

PS I has just been in for a new cylinder head, timing belt, & service literally a day ago, and today it just about made it back to the garage.

Cheers.
ste

Re: HAD MY BONGO 1 DAY AND I NEED HELP

Post by ste » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 am

sounds like the timings out... take it back to the garage.

not sure bout handbook but im sure somone on here will tell you.

the slide door is electric for the final shut,it has to go onto the catch manually and then the motor 'pulls' it too.. not sure this feature is on all bongos tho??(you should hear the motor working even if you shut it fully tho)
jaybeeonline
Bongolier

Post by jaybeeonline » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 am

1. Where can I get an owners manual ?

The Bongo Shop (using link at the top of the page)

2. Why is my BONGO so gutless, it clearly isnt well, but struggles to start and crawls along like a snail

If it is the 2 litre petrol, then it is a bit like that: Hang on, just seen that you had a new head and belt done, so it sounds like timing.

3. I thought the sliding door was electric, is there a hidden switch I cannot find

Not all Bongos have this feature (mine doesn't) - Usually only when you have factory remote locking I think.

J.
I'll tell you this...
No eternal reward will forgive us now
For wasting the dawn.
Matt&JoyBongling
Tribal Elder

Post by Matt&JoyBongling » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:21 am

First of all welcome.

Second, your door requires manual closing ... the electric bit is the final closing mechanism which pulls it shut to avoid having to slam it. Not all Bongos / Fredas have it but most do and it is factory fitted but not related to remote locking.

I think that owners' manuals are available throught the club shop.

Cheers
Underground, Overground, Bongoling Free, the Bonglers of Bedford, common are we ...
wormey
Supreme Being

Post by wormey » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

Matt&JoyBongling wrote:First of all welcome.

Second, your door requires manual closing ... the electric bit is the final closing mechanism which pulls it shut to avoid having to slam it. Not all Bongos / Fredas have it but most do and it is factory fitted but not related to remote locking.

I think that owners' manuals are available throught the club shop.

Cheers

I agree with the above, mines got it ( the door final closing thing ) but I don't have remote central locking.

I'd go back to the garage about the lack of power. :D

daz
Daz and debs
IggleDiggle

Post by IggleDiggle » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:50 am

If the garage has just done all that work and its failing to start properly, I'd get it back in there asap and get them to sort it. Least you'd expect is it to be driving properly and starting properly. Theres nothing worse than driving a car that you dont trust, and worrying when you stop at every traffic light.
Good luck and hope you get it sorted, they are good to drive when working properly.
springer

Post by springer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks for replies

Re the door, it does lock the last inch itself electrically, i just wrongly thought it opened and closed electrically.

It made it to the garage at 2mph this morning, luckily it is only 200 yards away :lol:

I still cannot find a manual in stock anywhere, guess its just a question of waiting and searching.

OH and does that bloody buzzer always go off, mine seems to stay buzzing when the roof is up, this cant be right can it ?

Cheers.
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm

springer wrote:Thanks for replies

Re the door, it does lock the last inch itself electrically, i just wrongly thought it opened and closed electrically.

It made it to the garage at 2mph this morning, luckily it is only 200 yards away :lol:

I still cannot find a manual in stock anywhere, guess its just a question of waiting and searching.

OH and does that bloody buzzer always go off, mine seems to stay buzzing when the roof is up, this cant be right can it ?

Cheers.
The buzzing should stop when roof is all the way up~i had same problem with mine it was'nt locking off~it probably has'nt been used for a long period so will need lubricating on the runners,but clean runners first,there might be some old hard grease or summat stopping the roof going all the way up~~use something like "white Lithium Grease" it wont stain your roof liner.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:09 pm

springer wrote:Thanks for replies

Cheers.
Lift the roof with the engine running. I use a small child to push the roof up that last bit to lock it out. It will stop buzzing when it is right up. You will need to use the "lock cancel" button to lower it again.
springer

Post by springer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Roof tips taken on board, a good clean and grease and a small child needed :lol:

This one is sad.

First time in an automatic

What is the second button on the selector lever for, the one half way up the selector stick ?

Also i get P and D and R, but the others ???
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:32 pm

You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
danboy99
Bongonaut

Post by danboy99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:07 pm

AVA leisure have manuals in stock, or at least they did 2 weeks ago when I bought one...
Dan
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:29 pm

springer wrote:Roof tips taken on board, a good clean and grease and a small child needed :lol:

This one is sad.

What is the second button on the selector lever for, the one half way up the selector stick ?

Also if you are parked on a slope the roof might struggle to top out, mine did anyway and it's fine on the flat.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Velocette wrote:
springer wrote:Roof tips taken on board, a good clean and grease and a small child needed :lol:

This one is sad.

Also if you are parked on a slope the roof might struggle to top out, mine did anyway and it's fine on the flat.
How did you manage to get the Bongo on top of your flat? 8-)
springer

Post by springer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:08 am

Picked the BONGO up last night after day 1 in the garage and its running sweet :P

Had a play with the roof, and its all sorted now cheers.

After a good inspection, I have many little jobs to do, so this place will be a life saver.

Return to “Techie Stuff”