Electrics have died...

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

mister munkey
Supreme Being

Re: Electrics have died...

Post by mister munkey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:thats why i was swayed to the battery being buggered. they usually flag up the sediment light etc.

I've got a very similar dilema ongoing at the mo. When I had alternator trouble before, thats what I got.

This time its showing the same symptoms without flashing up any clues. :-k

I'm one stage further up that road after getting two as good as new batteries from Barrington. Bongo was great for two days short commuting before the same symptoms returned, I've got the radio shutdown but the tacho's okay - I get the 4WD ABS amber light instead but hold light not flashing. Also dim dash lights but headlights seem okay

In the shop tommorow for a diog.

I 'll keep you posted.

g8dhe wrote:I think from this thread that MisterMunkey had his rewound http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =3&t=36614

I did & its been faultless since - possibly?

:?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
dp bradford
Bongolier

Post by dp bradford » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Well, it's fixed :D

Decided to phone Wheelquick to see if they had a new alternator in stock, and the answer was yes. An hour or so drive over to Wigan and I was rewarded with the sort of service the two Mikes have become famous for 8)

The drive over was a bit fraught - I wasn't sure how long the battery would last, so I took another one with me and a set of jump leads, it was reminiscent of the Apollo 13 mission whereby I had everything non-essential switched off and was busy calculating in my head how many amps I had left! Every one of the windscreen wiper movements made me more nervous :roll: But I made it, just - the battery gave up the ghost on Mike's forecourt!

Thanks guys!

Dave
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Good News Dave =D> =D> =D>
Glad you are sorted bud!!
Dabs :P
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 pm

mister munkey wrote: I did & its been faultless since - possibly?

:?

Famous last words. :roll:

Alternator shot. :(

Back on the road tomorrow though. :D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:00 am

Bongo's home.

:D

I've had a word with him. I know he enjoys his little breaks at the garage but this affair with the Spannerman has got to stop now.

I hope he gets the message.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:01 pm

mister munkey wrote:Bongo's home.

:D

I've had a word with him. I know he enjoys his little breaks at the garage but this affair with the Spannerman has got to stop now.

I hope he gets the message.
[-o< [-o< [-o< that Bongo lose its infatuation with Spannermans toolkit :lol: :lol: :lol:
321Away
Tribal Elder

Post by 321Away » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:02 pm

check main relay in centre fuse box under bonnet, if your has it fitted this will cause the symptoms you described
bobngo

Post by bobngo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm

a "sediment " light was mentioned a couple of times in this thread , where is it and what sediment is it ?????
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 pm

The red Sediment light on the dash is there to flash up when the fuel filter gets crudded up, although I've not seen evidence on here of that happening yet.

The usual appearance of the Sediment is in conjunction with the Charge light indicating an alternator problem.
Talbertnz

Post by Talbertnz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 am

OOOOH I love these forums!!

Guess what happened to me last night...
Battery and sediment light came on at same time. just checked altenator belt and it is good. So thought i'd have a quick looksie on here and BONGO Eer.. BINGO.
So looks like altenator is stuffed. I Havent had time to check if its still charging etc. but will do soon. Surely it must be f :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: d altenator.

Should be fun locating a second hand or new one of those here in NZ....... :roll:
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:14 am

Glad you got it sorted quickly Dave, I too had the same symptoms, but had to wait days for a replacement alt due to delivery times. :evil:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... alternator
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:

Return to “Techie Stuff”