DVD console

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

lostcauses

DVD console

Post by lostcauses » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Help with DVD console, Hi I am a new member (in Emsworth) and have recently purchased a 2.5tdi 2002 Aero it came with a rear dvd console, I need help in identifying what the colours relate to in the wiring loom. these are Black, Blue,Red/Black,Blue/Red,Yellow,Green,Mauve,Pink/Black,Red,Green/Yellow, any help would be gratefully received.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: DVD console

Post by g8dhe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm

The wiring manuals the club has doesn't cover that year and spec. so not much help there. The colours on there own mean nothing as such.
Surprised that it is a standard fitting, are you sure its not a third party add on ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
lostcauses

Post by lostcauses » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks for the info g8dhe, the van had been imported with the unit fitted. it had been wired into the head unit (now replaced) and it's still active via the ignition switch. But alas does nothing (just a blue screen) at the moment. I would post some photos but dont know how to do that at this time.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Unless its got some info as to Make and Model, its going to be an uphill job! Is there anything to give details on the rear of the unit or sometimes even hidden on the surface that is screwed to the ceiling?

Details on how to post images etc. are in this link.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
lostcauses

Post by lostcauses » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 pm

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 pm

You might want to increase the size of the second pic so you can actually see it :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Well nothing on the net relating to "Mitsubishi S61H 66 EVO A ED-200" that relates to DVD players at least (Sikorsky S-61 H helicopter manual maybe!).
I think your going to be very lucky if you do find any info. best bet would be to see if anybody else has had one fitted.
I would have expected at least one of the cables to have been a co-ax type to carry the video signal and possibly two more for audio (or a twin-ax for the audio), a total of 10 single wires is a bit odd.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
lostcauses

Post by lostcauses » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:25 am

Hi Folks, I think I will give up on this quest, and as like you g8 I could only find internet references to a helicopter. I have removed the unit form the van please find links, If I can manage to find a diagrams for the wiring I may resurrect the idea of getting it to function. Many Thanks for the help guys.

Jim

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx35 ... C10194.jpg
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx35 ... vdoped.jpg
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx35 ... C10197.jpg
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx35 ... C10200.jpg
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Are jap DVD's a different region to ours???

is this why it dosn't work on u.k. dvd's as we are region 2??
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
stevedon
Bongonaut

Post by stevedon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:47 pm

jap dvds are a different region also it will be ntsc,looking at it it looks as though it should be a stand allone unit the other wires could be to plug in to an aditional head unit .if there are no screened wires i would say that it should work with power and earth i had a panasonic screen in th dashof mine ,Ijust hooked it up with a dvd head unit and it works great
peanutcrusher
Tribal Elder

Post by peanutcrusher » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:24 am

i like the look of that i would of brought one of them if i know about them. just the console would be good if anyone has one they don't want as i'm looking to mount my Wii there it should fit in where the dvd player is.
Bongo now work later !!! :) :)
wifheld
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by wifheld » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:03 pm

I have the same DVD player fitted in my 2001 Bongo ref S61H 66 EVO A model ED-200 by Mitsubishi Electric.

Fires up ok and I can get the menu page, but all in Japanese and cant seem to find an English Language option. My guess is that the message I get on screen when attempting to play an English DVD is a Region error.

Nice looking bit of kit but currently can't use it. Be great to hear if anyone else has had any joy with the menu system or can read Japanese?

Return to “Techie Stuff”