Leisure batteries lasting 4-5 days?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Leisure batteries lasting 4-5 days?

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 pm

If I wanted to use my Bongo in the same way as you propose I would have gone for a more powerful leisure battery. I believe that some people have 110Amp leisure batteries installed in their bongos. I assume that a more powerful leisure battery would last longer. (I have an 85Amp leisure battery installed in my Bongo as well but I don't go to festivals in it).

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
bonog
Bongolier

Post by bonog » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:01 pm

lindalove wrote: Also, not sure which is the best way to charge mobile phones (plus eventually a laptop) out of the 12v power point while on leisure battery - is an inverter the best bet, or some other thing if inverters pull too much power? Or can I really not expect to be able to run a laptop for any time off the leisure battery?
I think most of these points were answered in the replies to your other topic in "Bongo camping equipment" :?

If the 12v socket requires connectors other that cigarette lighter type plug (ie a 12v caravan style plug) you will have to use an adapter to connect your electronic equipment chargers or lop off the ciggy plugs and fit 12v caravan type plugs instead. Another solution would be to get the Bongo electrics (ciggy adapter etc) moved over to the leisure battery by default (Don't know if this is done as part of a wellhouse convertion??? :?: ) and stick with using the ciggy style connectors on the original vehicle.
You wanna buy DVD?
lindalove
Bongonaut

Post by lindalove » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 am

bonog wrote:I think most of these points were answered in the replies to your other topic in "Bongo camping equipment

Maybe - sorry if that was the case. It does take a while to actually understand these issues if you're a newbie though! :)
bonog
Bongolier

Post by bonog » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 pm

lindalove wrote:
bonog wrote:I think most of these points were answered in the replies to your other topic in "Bongo camping equipment

Maybe - sorry if that was the case. It does take a while to actually understand these issues if you're a newbie though! :)

Should all become a lot clearer :) when you finally get you hands on the new Bongo....
You wanna buy DVD?

Return to “Techie Stuff”