yorks bash confirmed 5th till 7th june 2009

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: yorks bash confirmed 5th till 7th june 2009

Post by waycar8 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:21 pm

I think there still a couple of places left as theres been a few pull out, but you could still come over for the day anyhow :wink:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Thu May 28, 2009 10:38 pm

It would be really good to see you at York Iain; do try to get there if you can. Good luck with the move too !
Pam
z00non

Post by z00non » Fri May 29, 2009 10:35 am

yorkshirelass wrote:It would be really good to see you at York Iain; do try to get there if you can. Good luck with the move too !
Pam
If you carn't make the full weekend fair do, but agree with yorkshirelass.
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 pm

I,m getting all confused now my name is muggins too but as its my birthday just before i expect I,ll be waited on hand and foot :lol: :lol: :lol: - jo naburn lock wasnt a disaster just the weather and that applied to just about everything else we did that year. -this next few weeks are going to be scorching - i,ve ordered it.
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri May 29, 2009 4:48 pm

thanks karen that will be lovely for some scorching weather for a change,be able to get some suntan to match the wifes eyes at the mo,you should see her,poor lass fell over yesterday and landed right on her face,nose lip,dont know if nose is broken yet as she has to wait till swelling gone down,so two black eyes are on the making and very fat nose,lip and forehead,
mike, jo and emma
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 pm

poor Jo -hope she,s ok - tea too strong ?
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri May 29, 2009 5:12 pm

got it right in one karen. she fell off a kerb bout an inch high but had some bags in her hands so she used her face to stop her fall. spent bout 3 hrs in hospital with her last night as the tennis ball of a bump was getting bigger.
our roof was a disaster at naburn if you remember. still havnt got round to changing it yet.
mike, jo and emma
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri May 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Goodness me Mike.......is Jo now recovering? She was so looking forward to next week, will she be fit enough to still go ? Give her my love and buy her some steak for her eyes !!! You could always bbq it afterwards ?? Funnily enough I once did a similar stunt; walked thro' the park with hands full of shopping, stepped over a short wall and forgot it was deeper on the other side........and landed on my chin ...but saved the shopping from damage
#-o ...I still bear the scar. Hubby just fell about laughing !

Fingers crossed your ALL coming next week love [-o<
Love
Pam x
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri May 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Forgot to mention MIke..........I'll never forget Naburn that year........we were all devastated for you when your roof broke down ! Didn't know you still had that bongo too.
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Fri May 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Just been catching up on the pages, but forgive me I can't find any mention of a Jacobs for Friday. Is this in the itinerary of events? Or am I being thick and missed it. :oops:
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri May 29, 2009 10:37 pm

dont know if having a jacobs join or not as we havent got a marquee to sit under or put food in,if anyone wants to bring food then im sure we could find somewhere to put it,entirely up to everyone,whatever your thoughts.
jo is coming to the york bash however she feels,she cant miss this one,if only she was up to doing things at the mo with the pain she is in with a bad headache,just resting with a cold compress on her face,poor love,doesnt look nice at the moment,
swelling and bruising,not nice.
mike, jo and emma
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sat May 30, 2009 1:56 am

joe sorry to hear your not well hoping with a week to go you will feel a lot better....we have a few gazebo thingys we could bring just let us no if anyone is up for a curry if not we will bring barbi thingys,
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sat May 30, 2009 6:20 am

hi all unfortunately the campsite has a no gazebo policy we had this problem last year they do have a playbarn we could use but theres no drinking or smoking in it will be going over tomorrow and will ask if there is anything we can do to have a jacobs join failing that we will have to hope for good weather and eat outdoors.
they usually expect people to turn up before 9 pm to book in but im hoping it can be like last year with the vip treatment where everyone just drove in in front of everyone booking in
there is a barrier card required to get in and out
i will update tomorrow when ive finalised a few things
joes looking even better today eyes swollen up with nice shades of purple
mike, jo and emma
Jon the Bassist
Bongolier

Post by Jon the Bassist » Sat May 30, 2009 10:31 am

Hi, hope Jo's feeling a bit better.
We're happy to bring BBQ food but we don't have much to cook it on [maybe a frying pan and single gas ring?].
If the weather carries on like this we might be okay to all eat outside. [-o<
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sat May 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi Guys
Its Gillian here. Been very busy lately so neither of us have been on the forum. Hope you're feeling better Jo.

Thanks for your offers of donations - costs a lot to keep the little 'uns entertained!

Can anyone please also bring a childs swim ring or two? I've got a new game to play. Also will need two packets of 24 weetabix if anyone can be so kind. I will bring all other prizes etc and then we can just have an anonymous collection if that's OK! Hopefully I will get some re-imbursment and you will all be happy 'cos your kids will be happy.

There will of course be a couple of adult games - I'm entertained when you all fall out over prizes!

Di and Jamie can you let me know if the Treasure Hunt you took is still in a fit state or have you used it recently? Just lets me know if I'm preparing one more or two.

Thanks very much :P
Image Pete

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”