electric windows

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

germag
Bongonaut

electric windows

Post by germag » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:18 pm

My driver window was working intermitantly but has now stopped altogether. :?

Have checked the wiring and all seems well, getting power to the electric motor connector but the motor not working. :(

Is there a fix for this :?:

Thanks in advance
Gixermark
Bongolier

Re: electric windows

Post by Gixermark » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi

Try spraying loads of electrical contact cleaner ( available from Halfords for approx £3.99 for a large tin! ) all over the motor ect. I've had no ends of 'stuck' electrics on our Bongo .... horn press's / rear blind switches to name a few .... all working 100% now thanks to a quick spray with the cleaner =D>

Could of course be the motor's knackered, will be plenty available if it is, search for the cheapest around as prices on spares vary so much!

Good luck .... :wink:
germag
Bongonaut

Post by germag » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Gixermark wrote:Hi

Try spraying loads of electrical contact cleaner ( available from Halfords for approx £3.99 for a large tin! ) all over the motor ect. I've had no ends of 'stuck' electrics on our Bongo .... horn press's / rear blind switches to name a few .... all working 100% now thanks to a quick spray with the cleaner =D>

Could of course be the motor's knackered, will be plenty available if it is, search for the cheapest around as prices on spares vary so much!

Thanks for that, will give it a spray when i get the door skin off.
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 pm

I think I will be taking the door lining off and looking at the motor as my driver's side window is now playing up.

Quite by chance I happened to have the radio turned slightly up on a quiet frequency and heard the switch connecting on both up and down movements without the window moving so I don't now suspect the wiring, unless it's a fault in the 'auto' up down unit which may not always be functioning despite me hearing the spark of the switch.

I wonder if the 'auto' module can be bypassed for test purposes.

Why can't car door panels have a hex socket for recovering the window like they do for electric sun roofs. Rain doesn't just fall downwards.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Gixermark wrote:

The point has been made before but when searching and ordering cheap parts consider getting them delivered to somewhere other than home. If the person selling them (on ebay and the like) is not quite as honest as you would like, they then get your address and the likely home of another Bongo to break up for more parts, to sell on ebay and the cycle goes round again!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Always get Amazon and eBay purchases sent to my work. Also eliminates trips to the post office / carrier depot to collect when I am not at home because I am at work!!!
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Return to “Techie Stuff”