5 camp in a Bongo abroad

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

rachey-pachey
Apprentice Bongonaut

5 camp in a Bongo abroad

Post by rachey-pachey » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:03 pm

We've just come back from a very successful trip to Belgium and the Netherlands, with 4 nights in a Centre Parcs in the Netherlands (we all loved that) and 7 nights camping in the Bongo. The 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 children all sleep in the van- it does feel like a tardis at times! The 2 boys, 9 and 12, sleep upstairs (mostly without arguements), our 22 month old sleeps across the cab on a bed we bought as a result of a recommendation from this forum and my husbund and I sleep in the main body of the van. It is a bit cramped, we're all ready for a bit our own space now we're back, and we couldn't do without our 'shed', a pop up tent bought from Decathalon that we also bought as a result of reading this website. I'm especially happy as it matches with the van - these small details can be important! With everyone sleeping in the van we need somewhere to put our bags etc. My husbund is very strict on what we can take with us. Everything must be in a bag - everyone has 2 bags, a boot bag for their 'toys' and a kit bag for clothes, nothing else is allowed!
A big thank you to everyone whose contributions we've read to build up our camping equipemnt.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Re: 5 camp in a Bongo abroad

Post by dom_e » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Great - sounds like the ideal set up.

It is indeed a good idea to be strict about the amount of stuff you take. It's surprising what you can do without, but a comfy night sleep is always good to maintain if possible!
Beyond A to B

Return to “Bongoing with Children”