House move

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

callum
Bongolier

House move

Post by callum » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:10 am

Aye up,
Well, we had our second baby 8 weeks ago, first born is 2, so we thought the best thing to do was to move house :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anywho, we hired a lwb Transit to do one big load, but have been able to use the bongo for all other bits. It's really earnt it's keep these last 10 days and it has made me very glad that i have the flip up/gull wing seats.

It has reaffirmed my love for the wee bus, which is nice.
A couple of pics! The grimace was for the fact that it was early in the morning, i have been going to the old house in the early morning, getting a load off to the tip, then heading into work. Most tiring!

Finally got to use the bike rack, alas only to move them from house to house!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: House move

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:41 am

I moved everything in a house move in 2013 using the Bongo. Local move, several trips, but it did it all no trouble. Saved me shedloads of money and trouble having to pack things specially for a removals company :-)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:57 am

Well done to you and Bongy.

I cleared Father in Law's house the same way after he died 3 years ago.

He lived very close to my work so it was arrive an hour early, load van, work, home, unload and sort then tip, load, work...

Very tiring, as you say, but had to be done and did save £££.

Agree with the gull wings. :D
Gefail
Bongolier

Post by Gefail » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:00 am

Congratulations on your new addition, hope you're settling in okay. We've got a similar experience on the horizon......moving house, not the little one :wink:
02-07-1999 TinTop 2WD Oil Guzzler with Hyper Seat :shock:
mycallsevern
Bongonaut

Post by mycallsevern » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:22 pm

We have the gull wings and I use the van all the time to move big items of furniture and therapy equipment (my wife and I run a children's therapy clinic) . It's probably the biggest barrier (and cost) to getting the van converted what an amazing vehicle!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Congratulations

I really cant understand why Mazda stopped fitting gull wing seats and replacing them with a bench seat.They are/were,so practical,and also made a good single bed!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
callum
Bongolier

Post by callum » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words, it's a wonderful time in our lives, but my goodness are we tired!

My wife just said that the van has paid for itself 10 fold due to the amount of crap we have shifted in it, we haven't even used it for camping yet! We were lucky to only pay £1500 for it, hence it being such good value!

We have a conversion in ours, so you can still shift stuff and have a conversion!

Return to “Bongo Chat”