Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

clogger
Bongolier

REAR WIPER NOT WORKING

Post by clogger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:55 pm

after getting me bongo yesterday
only bugbear is the rear wiper not working

have tried the fuse same one that operates the washer
so turn the lever on the position for the wiper to use nothing twist it so the washers work the washers work so power is going thru the fuse and would operate the wiper or am i thinking this wrong

this leads me to believe that if the powers going thru the fuse to use the washers but then i aint getting any power to the back there is a break between the fuse and the rear wiper cos i had the panel off the back got covered in lovely black gunk,
turned on the wiper no voltage thru the wires and no connectivity sort of thing,
does anyone know the colour of the wire that comes from the connection block from the stalk to the fuse and where is the most likely place for a break in the wire

other than that i is happy with the bongo and am also halfway thru taking the stickers off the roof part mmm hairdrier hot fingers and cellulose thinners works very well

any advice gratefully received
ECKY THUMP
the one true art form
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Don't know if the washers and wipers are on the same fuse but have you checked the fuse? It's the red one that is 5th from the left on the second row of fuses, in the box by the driver's right knee. The rear wiper has it's own fuse.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
tigs
Tribal Elder

Post by tigs » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:33 pm

Was gonna post mine aint working, thanx Franco will looky in the morning.
Steve from Carlisle

I had similar problem

Post by Steve from Carlisle » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:15 pm

Clogger,

Firstly there is a fact sheet on this in the members area, i would suggest this is a good starting point

However this did not help me as ALL my rear door electrics did not work apart from the washer when we bought our Bongo. I found there was 3 plugs that had become disconnected on the right side of the vehicle. Not sure which panel it would be behind in a 'standard' bongo as ours has a side conversion. I would guess it is about 1/2 way between the back of the front seats and the back door.

Best of luck

Steve
clogger
Bongolier

Post by clogger » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:57 pm

still not done owt
i blame the rain today and not the little visit to the bradford beer festival last night. :D :D :D

just wondering where the relays are on these bongos anyone
ECKY THUMP
the one true art form
clogger
Bongolier

Post by clogger » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:14 pm

well i hope i am getting to the end of my rear windscreen wiper/ demister woes

took the rear panel off plus T shaped rear panel

someone in their infinate wisdom had not only disconnected the connectors or no
but thought it was a good idea to chop the wires back as well and cover whats left in insulation tape and stuff em down the panel.

still armed with the wiring info from here cheers chaps
have checked various circuits temporary rewired to test various circuits

blimey we now have working rear wiper/ the rear central locking works/demister i think (well i`m getting a good voltage reading either side so power is getting thru ) numberplate lights and even the interior light works with the door opens

why would someone do this ?? easier than repairing i suppose has been done a good while ie in japan cos when i was peeling the insulation tape off i was all gooey like it goes after a good while

so i am thinking, get a bit of 7 core trailer cable should go thru the grommet with a bit of shoving should not chaf or break again on anything and the wires have got to be better than those used and thick enough as the only ones with any real ampage will be the demister wires

does not have a high level light and rear number plate lights had already been joined up so will only need 7 of the 9 wires so sorted

so hopefully tomorrow it will all be wired up and no one will ever know

so cheers for the help peeps
ECKY THUMP
the one true art form
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:22 pm

Hard to understand isnt it. Almost like someone started a job of converting it and gave up or sumfink :?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:31 am

Makes you wonder what some people are thinking doesn't it? It sounds like some bodger has disconnected it all to maybe "cure" intermittent fuse blowing? There could be a deeper problem lurking in that there bongo...

I always was an optimist!

Hope its sorted clogger :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
clogger
Bongolier

Post by clogger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:50 am

maybe but if the fuse keeps blowing
why would they go to all the bother of removing panels /chopping wires /taping all seperate
just leave the fuse alone the rest of it would work

i`ll put it all back together in the morning and see what happens
it all worked right enough when i checked all the bits

it`s all goodfun
ECKY THUMP
the one true art form
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:41 am

Nowt as queer as folk!... A lot of people "run away" with an idea, you know the type i,m sure, rather spend hours trouble shooting things they know nothing about,to save a diagnostics fee, then disconnect stuff rather than investigating a potential problem thoroughly. This is especially true where car electrics are concerned... Hope the jobs a good un, :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014

Return to “Techie Stuff”