Wirral Meet

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Walter Smith

Wirral Meet

Post by Walter Smith » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Some time ago I promised to organise a Bongo get-to-gether at Wirral's Country Park. With lot's of meets being organised I now have a proposed date. Is Saturday & Sunday 21st/22nd of April a suitable week-end? I could also include Friday 20th if anyone wanted an extended time. The cost would be modest, there are no electric hook-ups. There are adequate toilets,showers and washing-up facilities and good views!
The camp-site would be for the Bongo Fury Club's exclusive use. I cycled out there today and asked the cafe owner if they would be willing to stay open for a couple of extra hours for the members to have an evening meal together - Does this appeal to everyone? Their food is good and the price is reasonable, although we need a handsome tip for the staff! There is a B-B-Q. facility available or we could organise our own in the view of our Bongo's. We would be in the hands of the weather of course. There is a large pub about a mile away - The Cottage Loaf, they serve food too - but do you want to drink and drive?!

It would be helpful if you would signify your initial interest, and if there is I will start organising. Remember WWW ( Warm Wirral Welcome )

Coming ?
Length of stay ?
Meal ?
Size of party ? So get your diaries out! Regards, Walter.[/b]
NeilT
Bongolier

Post by NeilT » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:21 pm

we may be able to attend this one for the Saturday night. Meal sounds good... Will be Sandra and myself, and maybe 3/4 children.
"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
http://www.bongoforum.co.uk

NWBB
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:52 pm

Mmmmmm - 22 April is my birthday. I wonder. Will ask the family and see if I'm allowed. Well done organising this one Walter - it sounds a cracker. :lol: :lol:
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

wirral meet

Post by You've Been Bongod » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:41 pm

is it possable to come for a day ? most prob sunday as boss at work is a tight git and doesnt like us to have time off !!!!!!!!!!! what would be the price roughly for it many thanks :D

youve been bongod
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:46 pm

Count Me in also Walter :D
I have sent a PM
Cheers Dave
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
Walter Smith

Wirral Meet

Post by Walter Smith » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:32 am

Thanks for the replies so far. Members can come for one day, two or three, whatever fits in. Just post the details.

Incidentally I did'nt post any details of where Wirral Country Park is. It is the Wirral Peninsular, between West Kirby and Heswall, looking across the Dee Estuary to North Wales. Probably of more interest to our North West members, but anyone prepared to travel from further afield is most welcome, remember WWW!

It is just your interest at this moment, so that I can gauge the level of interest. Those of you who Know the area will need no introduction, if you have never visited these parts, you will enjoy it. Good walks, sea & mountain air, Thurstaston Hill and The Dungeons. We have an excellent visitors centre, at which I can probably arrange for a video showing Wirral ( Home of the 2006 Open Golf Championship ) which is not far from our camp-site.

The opening interest has been good, the more the merrier as they say, it will enable me to organise what I hope will be an enjoyable get-to gether.

Best Wishes,

Walter.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:37 am

Cheers Walter

I've put the dates in my diary.

I'll be there Friday (probably late arrival..3 hours from home) and Saturday nights. I'm certainly up for a meal at the centre or barbie on Saturday night and will bring suitable amounts of wine etc.

Don't want to go to the pub/cottage loaf thanks.

A great opportunity for a bit of bird watching along the esuary and country park. I'll volunteer to lead a birding walk on Sunday morning if you like...I know the area well.
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
NeilT
Bongolier

Post by NeilT » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:41 pm

Confusion :) There are to topics going for this? one here, and the other in the North West section???
Can a mod lock one of them off??

NWBB
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Will probably be able to come for this meet, not sure about overnight yet will let you know, but sounds good, lovely part of the wirral long time since i visited them parts
Last edited by daveblueozzie on Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost without my Bongo.
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:58 pm

It isnt really confusing
This way We get two Meets !!!!! G R E A T :lol: :lol:
Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:00 pm

just a question are pets ( two dogs small jack russels) welcome at the site .
Lost without my Bongo.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:04 pm

As I remember it's a populardog walking area so I don't think there should be any problem on the site we're using.

H

Walter Smith

Wirral Meet

Post by Walter Smith » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:36 pm

I have managed to arrange for the Wirral Meet. Please note the following details. Date Friday 20th. April to Sunday 22nd. April.

The site at Wirral Country Park that I proposed using has hit a snag - All the plumbing has been removed! so is now unsuitable. Here are the alternatives - same place.
1) The Caravan Club site next-door, is available to us, but is expensive £11.10 per Bongo per night, plus £4.20 per adult and £1. 70 per child.
Caravan Club members would cost less. This is considerably more than the £4. oo per night maximum, cost of the facilities I hoped to arrange
HOWEVER! A 100 yards up the lane a friend of mine has offered us the use of his field and the use of his Farm-Shop Toilets FREE of CHARGE!, there are no showers. I propose that we take him up on his offer. It will be very basic, but very cheap. I think that the Caravan Club's charges will be expensive for any-one attending with a family. I need your responses S.A.P.
Please advise the following; Length of stay ( one or two overnights ) day visit is o.k.
Would you like an evening meal Saturday night?

Be decisive and let me know that you approve of the proposed arrangements.

Best Wishes,

Walter. [/b]
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:01 pm

Ild go for the farm site.

Proper bongo camping not yer namby pamby hook ups home from home.

Come on softies...its only for one or two nights..come and try the next best thing to 'wild camping' which is really the best way to use a bongo anyway.

Yes I'm up for a meal on saturday night..but how about a 'jacobs join' cooked on the site either in the bongos or on a barbie.

I've got a 3metre x 6metre marquee I can bring if we would like an 'indoor' social.

cheers

H

NeilT
Bongolier

Post by NeilT » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:36 am

Also go for the farm site... Fingers crossed we will will there, almost certain.
The CC :roll: bless But they aint campers....

NWBB

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”