Wires for indicators

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

bazzog
Apprentice Bongonaut

Wires for indicators

Post by bazzog » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:58 am

Hi, I'm fitting a universal remote central locking kit, I've checked the factsheet in the members area and am quite happy
I have 2 wires from the box that is supposed to go to the indicators, can someone please point me in the right direction where I wire these to please
Also could I use one of these wires to put in a 12v buzzer for an audible signal
Thanks
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Wires for indicators

Post by g8dhe » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:39 am

The indicators are just a pulsed 12 volt feed to the indicator lamps, so just need to pickup the two feeds.
Turn & Hazard Lights.JPG
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bazzog
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bazzog » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:14 am

g8dhe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:39 am The indicators are just a pulsed 12 volt feed to the indicator lamps, so just need to pickup the two feeds.Turn & Hazard Lights.JPG
Sorry to sound a bit thick but that diagram means nothing to me 😂, was looking for a more general where are the wires
Thanks
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:39 pm

The wires are bound together in "looms" (you don't want to touch them there)! However they breakout of the looms at various connectors around the vehicle, in the case of the indicators they come out to a plug under the dashboard on the passenger side footwell before going into the flasher module, they also go to the dashboard display and off to each corner of the vehicle for the actual lamps themselves. The wire colours are Green with Black stripe for nearside (G/B) and Green with White stripe for offside.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bazzog
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bazzog » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:47 pm

g8dhe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:39 pm The wires are bound together in "looms" (you don't want to touch them there)! However they breakout of the looms at various connectors around the vehicle, in the case of the indicators they come out to a plug under the dashboard on the passenger side footwell before going into the flasher module, they also go to the dashboard display and off to each corner of the vehicle for the actual lamps themselves. The wire colours are Green with Black stripe for nearside (G/B) and Green with White stripe for offside.
Thanks a lot, makes a lot more sense to me 👍

Return to “Techie Stuff”