Longest wannabe Bongo owner ever..

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Bongolian
Junior Bongonaut

Longest wannabe Bongo owner ever..

Post by Bongolian » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:33 am

Hello all, after many many years I’m finally a Bongo owner, here’s my story..

Way back in the late nineties I passed a car garage near Newquay in Cornwall and saw lined up outside a row of strange looking vehicles.
Curiosity forced me to do a quick u-turn and we went back. My wife, kids and I spent the next hour crawling in and out with an enthusiastic salesman telling us all about the marvellous Mazda Bongo Friendee ‘Moving Cottage’.
Once back home in Lincolnshire I registered on the Bongo Fury site and became even more desperate to own one, sadly I never did and my User login lapsed.. until now.
This weekend I finally bought my dream, it’s a ‘98 Bongo in white and silver and we’re really looking forward to getting out and about with it.
Though my kids are now all grown, they remembered the day we first saw a Bongo and have been eager to reacquaint themselves, our grandchildren were mad keen to try it too, they were squealing with excitement as I raised the roof and they climbed in.
We’re looking forward to some adventures and maybe meeting other Bongolians on our travels.
Cheers, Mick (probably the world’s longest ‘wannabe Bongo owner’).

My thanks to Ian for reenergising my user profile.. much appreciated.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Longest wannabe Bongo owner ever..

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:32 am

Nice one, welcome aboard. :D
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:15 am

=D> I know which garage you mean, they no longer sell Bongos, but I'm glad you found one at last. In my experience, grandchildren love Bongo adventures.😄
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
Bongolian
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Bongolian » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:51 pm

Early days still but the investment has started to give returns.
One and all who’ve had a look have loved what they see, we’ve used it to fetch and carry a sofa, clear a garage, a Jolly Boys outing to Goodison Park, and my eldest took some pals to a gig in it.
Only issue has been a reluctance to shift from 3rd - 4th during a really wet run across the M62, not had chance to fully investigate as yet but pulled and cleaned / applied silicone grease to all the leccy plugs I could access and it seems okay for now.
It’s due a good service and check over so I’ll be looking to get that sorted before we do any serious treks away, but thoroughly enjoying being a Bongo owner so far. :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:50 am

Great news. 🙂

Return to “Bongo Chat”