Accident Damage

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

WestyK
Bongolier

Accident Damage

Post by WestyK » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:41 pm

Its not a post I wanted to make.

My poor old Bongo was hit while on holiday in Lock Lomond. Over 900 miles of issue free motoring in less than a week apart from the bump.

The damage is relatively light being the rear quarter behind the rear wheel, rear bumper and tail light. Though I am a bit worried about the dent in the rear pillar.
My main worry as that because of the lack of replacement body parts that the insurance company will right it off which I don't want because it far too good for that and I have spent a lot of time getting the van mechanically very good.

So for the advice.
Will a normal insurance body shop actually try and pull out a bent panel or do they just want to replace.
If I have the option to chose where to get repaired does anyone have any recommendations in the North West or North Wales area.

Any other options i can look at?

Thanks
Ian
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Accident Damage

Post by Bob » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:03 pm

Rotten luck.
:(
Bongo Spares, Sowerby Bridge are experts. 8)
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:21 pm

WestyK wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:41 pm Its not a post I wanted to make.

My poor old Bongo was hit while on holiday in Lock Lomond. Over 900 miles of issue free motoring in less than a week apart from the bump.

The damage is relatively light being the rear quarter behind the rear wheel, rear bumper and tail light. Though I am a bit worried about the dent in the rear pillar.
My main worry as that because of the lack of replacement body parts that the insurance company will right it off which I don't want because it far too good for that and I have spent a lot of time getting the van mechanically very good.

So for the advice.
Will a normal insurance body shop actually try and pull out a bent panel or do they just want to replace.
If I have the option to chose where to get repaired does anyone have any recommendations in the North West or North Wales area.

Any other options i can look at?

Thanks
Ian

Hope you enjoyed your visit to Loch Lomond .
WestyK
Bongolier

Post by WestyK » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 am

Thanks guys.

I will speak to Bongo Spares. I guess its just a matter of knowing what the insurance will let me do.
keeping fingers crossed.

Loch Lomond was great stayed in Luss which I can recommend though it was very busy because of the nice weather

Thanks
Ian
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:59 am

Some owners have found it helpful to look for adverts for other Bongos of a similar age, mileage and condition, to show their insurance company what theirs is worth. It's helped get repairs, instead of a write-off.
Any good body shop will be able to repair it. Your local garage can probably recommend one.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
WestyK
Bongolier

Post by WestyK » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:30 pm

Good advice

I will do that. Things are moving quite slowly at the moment. hasn't even been assessed yet
Gazdowning
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Gazdowning » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:02 pm

Did you manage to sort out your damage?
PS, it's not a black high top by any chance?

Regards Gaz.
WestyK
Bongolier

Post by WestyK » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi

No still waiting for the insurance to give me the ok or not. They are dragging there feet a little.

I have had a quote from a trusted body shop that can repair it for about 2k so i would hope thats going to be ok.

No mine is Green and Silver Auto Free Top
Gazdowning
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Gazdowning » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:53 pm

Ok, hope you get sorted. I was looking at one to buy locally with the same damage as you described. So was interested in the possible cost to repair and by chance if it was yours.
Thanks

Return to “Techie Stuff”