Central Locking on main sliding door not working

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

KC2000
Apprentice Bongonaut

Central Locking on main sliding door not working

Post by KC2000 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:07 pm

Hi all,

The central locking on the main sliding door seems stuck. Got a 2004 Bongo. Would anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Cheers!

Kiran
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Central Locking on main sliding door not working

Post by Doone » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:48 am

A search found a couple of possible solutions that might help you. :) search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... al+Locking
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:03 am

Hi , is it that the sliding door will not open from inside or outside, if so, there has been a possibility that the battery has been disconnected or was very low when the sliding door was open? The Favorite trick is to hit t the door card about a third of the way down with the palm of your hand a couple of times (don't be squeamish) take care,.
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:33 pm

teenmal wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:03 am Hi , is it that the sliding door will not open from inside or outside, if so, there has been a possibility that the battery has been disconnected or was very low when the sliding door was open? The Favorite trick is to hit t the door card about a third of the way down with the palm of your hand a couple of times (don't be squeamish) take care,.
What are you actually hitting?, I have just had a dead battery & went in the side door. Battery is fully charged now & it wont open from the inside or outside.
I have taken the panel off & everything appears as it should. All rods are attached & they all move when the handles & locks are operated, when the central locking is activated the actuator moves in & out. Cant see what the issue is.
I have tried thumping the mechanisms whilst operating them but still no change. Access is quite limited because of the seat. Any ideas?
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:25 pm

The issue is the rotation of the gear wheel at the bottom that pulls the door into the right position for the door lock to function. The wheel rotates and operates a switch, however if the door is manually opened when there is no power then the sequence gets into a locked up state. Often this state can be overcome (not always) by slapping the door as explained above this vibration causes the switch to operate and complete the mechanical sequence. If it doesn't work then yes remove the door card and use a screwdriver to rotate the large gear wheel at the bottom this then trips the switch and the sequence completes.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:54 pm

i saw the big gear & cable for the soft close, never tried to force it, will give it another look when i get back from holiday.
Cheers.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:00 pm

Watch your fingers, when/if it actuates and the internal panel is off it will grind your digits in the gearing.

Return to “Techie Stuff”