no power to my fridge

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

philohag
Apprentice Bongonaut

no power to my fridge

Post by philohag » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:48 am

hi, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why there is no power to my fridge. the fridge has been working and the fuse seems to be okay, I don't know if anybody has had the same trouble in the past and they could share some tips on where to start to look for faults in the power source.
Phil :?:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: no power to my fridge

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:31 am

Welcome aboard!

No easy answer to this as the fault could be anywhere along the circuit itself or the fridge. You really need to start by measuring the voltage as supplied to the fridge itself, this will then identify if its the fridge is needing sorting or the wiring. If there isn't a voltage of 12+ volts at the fridge then its a case of working back down the circuit, fuse, switch etc back to the battery.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
JF117
Bongonaut

Re: no power to my fridge

Post by JF117 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 pm

philohag wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:48 am hi, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why there is no power to my fridge. the fridge has been working and the fuse seems to be okay, I don't know if anybody has had the same trouble in the past and they could share some tips on where to start to look for faults in the power source.
Phil :?:
Just had to replace my fridge unit last week because of the same thing. Sometimes they just pack it in.

https://business.currys.co.uk/catalogue ... lsrc=aw.ds

This was the exact fridge which I had and replaced like for like.

I had to lift my SMEV Dometic Gas/Sink unit up to get at the brackets keeping the wooden fixings intact in order to remove the fridge easily. After that, I slotted the new one in and plugged it to the outlet which was next to my circuit breaker/inverter.

The wire on the new fridge unit was shorter [just how they are built] compared to the unit I had in so I had to use a small extension cord to make up the extra 1/2 ft of a difference.

Return to “Techie Stuff”