JAL Mushroom roof with Fiamma F35 Pro awning?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

agentdagnamit
Bongonaut

JAL Mushroom roof with Fiamma F35 Pro awning?

Post by agentdagnamit » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi.

Has anyone with one of Phil's JAL Mushroom roofs (the type that opens lengthways) successfully fitted a F35 awning?

I'm wondering whether the larger roof will interfere with the awning gutter mounts, or vice versa. Obviously opening and closing the roof is going to be a bit trickier with the awning mount attached (I'll probably run a piece of cord from the pole catch on the roof to make life easier).

Thanks

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: JAL Mushroom roof with Fiamma F35 Pro awning?

Post by g8dhe » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:32 pm

Do you already have that roof type or just attracted to it ? Quite a few people have found them rather cumbersome to operate and I know two people who have swapped van types in order to get a different roof style! Should say I have no experience myself of using them.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
agentdagnamit
Bongonaut

Post by agentdagnamit » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:33 pm

Hi. Yes, we already have the roof. Not a major pain, I'm happy with it. You need a pole to close it, and the catches are a bit fiddly, but it does provide a lot of light and room. It certainly wouldnt be a reason for me to change the van.
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:12 am

The only problem I can see would be reaching over the F35 to get to the clips that secure your roof. We have an F35 with an after market front hinged pop top. Can take a photo if that helps.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.

Return to “Techie Stuff”