‘Car’ or ‘camper’ - when booking campsites?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Treetalk
Bongonaut

‘Car’ or ‘camper’ - when booking campsites?

Post by Treetalk » Tue May 24, 2022 8:31 pm

The season of camping and campervanning is upon us once again :-D .

Now I’m booking again I am having the dilemma I had before. When you book do you put tent instead of campervan if you have an unconverted? I have an unconverted bongo, don’t use electricity, and strictly speaking an MPV :D .

Of course lots of campsites charge the same or don’t care that much. It’s not just the money, some campsites specify tents, and don’t have campercans listed. It’s a grey area!

I guess if it’s not clear you should ask before booking (bit faffy but maybe necessary?)
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: ‘Car’ or ‘camper’ - when booking campsites?

Post by Bob » Wed May 25, 2022 7:25 am

One of the great benefits of the Bongo is it’s a chameleon.

If they don't take tents book as a camper, if it’s tents only book tent and car, show them it’s a people carrier…
Treetalk
Bongonaut

Re: ‘Car’ or ‘camper’ - when booking campsites?

Post by Treetalk » Sun May 29, 2022 12:16 pm

🙌, that makes sense, thanks you Bob. Keep it clear and simple. Some of my camping-campervanning brain cells are only starting to warm up ….

The only further complication is some campsites now will not let you park your car next to your (in my case usually imaginary) tent. This is more likely in the smaller campsites I generally prefer. On Pitchup ‘search’ I have noticed there is a new filter for this, which helps a bit.

Return to “Bongo Chat”